Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Carburettor Flow Meter

Irrelevant

woolly: Just seen your post, bit late to phone now. Thanks for the offer but I've got a cheapo one. I was just checking to see if anyone's selling one first - look after the pennies and all that *wink*. I was after the type that Davesport suggests.

I have to balance my carbs when I get my new (proper) linkage on as my improvised Llandow throttle return spring setup has messed the mixture up ☹️

J351 TPE - In one piece *smile*

Going to do mixture and balance - mixture is definately out now. The plugs are sooting up in no time. I have just bought a new underslung Weber linkage (what a rip-off!) and exchanged some Halfords returns for a ColorTune & new plugs! I'll fit it in a bit and adjust it tomorrow - can't be that hard! I have all the how-to guides, I just have to read them 😳 *wink*

Adam,

Take your colortune back and use mine!

I found that it was better to do it by ear than with the colortune anyway.

I would offer to help so that I can completely sabotage the carb set-up and render it far slower in a vain attempt to beat you at the next event 😬 😬

Cheers Peter *thumbup* . . . not sure if I'll need them. I have a sneaking suspicion that bad fuel is the problem after all *mad*. The car was running lovely at Llandow and next time I start it up it's sh1te - really coughs and splutters at about 4K for about 500 revs and runs bad at below 4K. Over 5K and it's OK. In desperation, I've put some fuel system cleaner stuff in to see if it will do anything. If it doesn't, I'll strip the carbs ☹️

Stainless steel heaven? . . . Happy with your new exhaust then?