Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Windy's mileage sweepstake 2

WindyMiller

Well it's summer and I'm off touring with Megan, my daughter again. Last year, as some of you know, we went to Norway and did a mileage sweepstake to raise money for Nuke the Luke. It went so well and you were all so generous that I thought I'd try again. We did about 3000 miles getting to the Northern most point in mainland Europe, ( I know this is open to question) NordKapp.

This year we are heading south.

So here is the question 🤔

What will my trip read when I get home to my house 🤔

The route, roughly

Huntingdon

Dover

Calais

Paris

Pyrennes

Madrid

Gibraltar (and the near by cape as the southerly most point)

Lisbon (and westerly most point)

up the coast

Pyrennes

Normandy

Calais

Huntingdon

It will cost you £2 a guess and I can promise a substantial prize, even better than the blatting hat and passenger ride MrToad got last year. All monies to charity.

Result on 5th of August when I get back.

Windy

Red and Black 1.8K

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on folks it's all for a good cause - my neice has only just dried out from last year's mammoth trip.

Oi Windy - post this upstairs too *wink* *thumbup*

My guess to get the ball rolling is 500 miles and three inches.

Can't wait to see this year's bonnet.

Boonie

Ditto to Mrs GTD, I'll go for 3,250

My daughter (Delberta) will go for 3,350

e-mail with address and I will cough up

When you realise the worlds not nice just drop your pants and slide on the ice!!!

Edited by - Delbert on 5 May 2004 14:19:56

and this is Windy we are talking about not Moomin. Moom's car does 0 miles regularly

☹️

a wise-man (hopefully) fixed my busted oil pressure sender this morning *thumbup*

I'm orf to the garage now *thumbup*

wonder if it's got any petrol in it *confused*

edited to avoid further TH - WOOHOO, Spooky lives *smile*

moomin

www.megabird.co.uk

Edited by - moomin on 5 May 2004 20:30:43

There ya go! That's virtually full *wink*

Oops 😳 I TH'd 😳

Windy, I'm going for a think ... (and a quick perve at the great big atlasy thing) *tongue*

FH *cool*

Edited by - FH on 5 May 2004 18:03:12

I'll mail out my address later on to all those who need it, you can have as many guesses as you like. If I see people before in person just give me the cash, it'll save the postage.

db, NordKapp was ferry from Newcastle to Bergen, zeroed the trip and recorded it once back on the ferry. I think it was 2903 miles. Norway is big

Thanks for all the guesses so far, keep them coming.

Windy

Red and Black 1.8K

Windy i haven't spotted this "event" upstairs, but i think it would abe a great idea if you got people upstairs sponsoring too 😬

Go on dare you *wink*

*wink*

presumably Viv

it is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Interesting..... Two massive variables though....

Messing about back and forth over the pyranees 3 or 4 times, why you may ask, because you would be mad not too..... 😬 and the second variable is the Caterham speedo tolerance which means that anyone using a route planner to work out the distance will be way off what the Caterham mileage may decide to read..... 😬

I will retreat into contemplation and happily hand over my money at the next L7C meet.......

Sounds like a great trip... I am planning a trip down to Italy and cannot wait to do the Gotard pass, and a particular stretch of road from Chamonix to Geneva which is my most favorite road racing looney ride anywhere.... basically its the result of building a 100ft two lane fly-around/over to take one direction of traffic leaving two lanes of uni-directional cliff hugging winding mountain road with rock face to your left and concrete wall to your right and lots of cars nicely spread out to weave in and out off...... sorry getting a bit carried away just thinking about it!!!! 😬 😬 😬

David

*smile*

Its Built its running and I am on the road having sooooo much fun!!!... pictures here , I am as excited as an excited thing.....