Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Post Cadwell Thanx

Adrian Elkin

I'd just like to congratulate everyone who took part in the Cadwell Park trackday for making it what I believe, to be our most successful event to date.

Why 🤔

Because baring in mind the attrociously wet conditions, we only had two accidents all day (and one of those was an unfortunate mishap on his way back into the paddock, i.e. not on the track) and I was only approached once by someone with an issue over another participants driving and this was resolved to my satifaction. Outstanding!

I'm just glad the weather cleared up towards the end and those that remained had some good dry runs. To those who left early, oh ye of little faith *wink*

It was my first event in charge so to speak (Duty Managers role), and I made quite a few mistakes but will be sure to learn from them for next time, should there be one. Also, after listning to your coments during the day, I've also got alot of feedback to give to the managment team to improve things further.

All the best

Adrian Elkin

Super day, thanks to all the organisers and to Kevin for taking me out in his R500 😬 😬

And apologies on behalf of my husband who managed to, ahem, move the turning in cone at Chris Curve 😳 *tongue*

Maybe next year I'll get to drive.............. *wink*

agreed this was a great day for those that waited for the rain to stop. got some great sessions in later with very few cars on track.

Matthew said "Because so many went home and we could go out in any session and I managed to spend 60 of the last 80 minutes out on track ". Was this generally announced? If I'd known, I would have done the same!

Had a great day even tho I drove up from Leicester with the aero screen on. Had a session with one of the instructors which was excellent, I never thought I could drive that fast and the car go round corners at that sort of speed in the wet. Shame we had to leave early to sort the kids out ☹️

*thumbup* Thanks all

Gareth

Blue and Carbon 6 Speed Supersport

Bare Bones donut machine here

Like to thank Geoff, Adrian and everyone else involved in organising an excellent day. The wet weather made it all the more challenging and the instruction from Dr John made a huge difference.

Lets hope for better weather at Oulton Park *thumbup*

Many thanks

Mark D

Su77on Se7ens *cool*

Steve,

Sorry that you missed out on the open sessions. I thought it best to go around the paddock telling everybody individually as I'd been told the tannoy wasn't brilliant. It also allowed me to make sure everybody understood what was expected, e.g.. Red drivers, don't hassle Greens & Blues etc.

We do say in the operating procedures that we may go to open sessions if the conditions allow, so please bare this in mind at the next track day. I think with hindsight, it'll be mentioned in future drivers briefings.

Hope everything else was OK though.

Regards

Adrian Elkin