Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Mini Cooper S - For Sale (Or swap)

singlespeedsean

Hi, my first post, so hello everyone. I have a 1990 RSP Mini Cooper S which I need to sell in order to buy my first Caterham. So here goes. For those in the know, the RSP is one of the most collectible Minis, built in 1990, it was Rovers return to making real Coopers, they built only 1,000. This car was then converted to full S spec by John Cooper Garages, yes that John Cooper. Basically it is a 14 year old Cooper S for half the price of a 30 year old one. It is the closest you can come to a Seven with a roof (IMHO). The car has a brand new Rob Walker engineering Road/Race head, free breathing and abolutely magnificent - 88bhp at the wheels, 74,000 miles, half leather interior, lots of yummy alloy bits, sunroof, Yoko tyres and minilite alloys. It is a brilliant car and I would never sell, but my wife has spoken.

I would consider a swap for a Seven with cash to bring it up to the appropriate amount. For the Cooper I am looking for about £3800. It is a bargain.

Yep, of course, it is Black with a white roof, the rarest colour of all, of the 1000 RSP's only about 150 were converted to S spec, of those there are probably less than 30 of them in Black and White, in the world, very rare !!

No, I have owned it for about 3 years, I am selling because I am going back to Australia after 20 years here and having always promised myself a Seven, it is now, or never !!