Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Brands yesterday

Rachael

Well what fun Moomin and I had...it rained, the wind blew, it rained some more and it was blooming freezing ☹️

Top day out - when can we do it again? *tongue* 😬

Congratulations Geoff - fifth in class in that weather was a top achievement *wink* *thumbup*

Did I mention it rained?

*wink*

Rach

Did it rain? I was too *eek* to notice! Thanks Rachael, Dave, Dan and Rebecca for coming along! And what a fine post race pint that was!

Very eventful day - shame about the qualifying incident and John's damaged car - I was lucky to end up with just a damaged front wing. Late in the day I found out that the third car involved (the one I was overtaking) was a chap doing his very first race! A baptism of fire and water!

All in all, I am glad I did the race and a least I can now say I have raced in the rain without losing it - my only previous truly wet race was a spin-a-thon of the highest order!

*thumbup*

G 4 Geoff

Leather Good - Carbon Fibre Bad *wink*

619 GTD here

Cheers Geoff, was a good day, apart from Rain... ☹️

Well done for not spinning it off into the wilderness, many others did later during the day in better conditions!!!

Nice to meet you Rachel and Moomin 😬 😬

Weather actually cleared for a roof free Blat home to the coast for us too 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬

Dannyboy - *tongue*finished the rebuild

Yes, we were a tad annoyed, because by the time we got back to my Parents - about 20 minutes away, it had stopped raining and the sun was shining...we did think about coming back...but thought it might still be raining at Brands, so decided to stay in the nice dry, warm house instead *tongue* 😬

Sounds like a great day out. when I looked out of the window yesterday, it was definitely not a 7 day here...

(although it could do with some rain to get the mud off from Fri, which definitely WAS a 7 day)

My ... Preciousss!

Member #109**

I'll pass on the comments to Angie - she is in an interwebthing-less office this morning - someone must have unplugged the wrong thing! She'll be along when they fix it!

G 4 Geoff

619 GTD here

Did someone already mention the rain *confused*

Thanks Dan for dragging me out it that cold and wet weather ☹️ but I must admit I enjoyed it!

Nice to have met you all and hope to see you soon again.

GTD/Mrs GTD, see you again in June! 😬

Rebecca

Rebecca - welcome to the sheds!

Have you joined the 750Motor Club yet...? I think their welcome pack is not as good as ours though!

G 4 Geoff

619 GTD here

Phew! Sorry I'm late; we've been having some trouble with the inter-web-thingy and have only just got it working. I'm prioritising my list of things to do and client e-mails to answer by ignoring them completely and visiting the sheds 😬

Thanks to Moomin, Rachael, Dannyboy & Rebecca for braving the snot & pestilence...erm..I mean wind & rain at Brands Hatch. GTD really enjoys having some friendly, Shedly faces around on race days.

Luckily you all missed his accident in practice with John Schneider. Sadly for John, who was incredibly gracious, his car was quite badly damaged (so he told us), and he wasn't able to race. Application of some gaffer tape & cable ties got GTD up and running again, and IMO bravely racing in pretty horrid conditions.

It was lovely to see Rachael & Dannyboy again, and a pleasure to meet Moomin & Rebecca. Let's keep our fingers crossed for better weather and more Shedders at Snetterton on 30th May. If we get any tickets we'll offer them again on a first come first served basis.

*smile*

Mrs GTD

Hmmm, Snetterton *idea*

I will try to get up there, an excuse to give my father a visit and give him a number of mechanical jobs for him to do on the Seven 😬 😬 😬 😬

Go careful with the gun Mrs GTD *idea* *idea* *idea*

Dannyboy - *tongue*back in blat

Deanteam - I know, I was shocked - I was hoping that they were called the 750 Club because that was how many maltesers they give you when you join! *eek*

G 4 Geoff

619 GTD here

If we could arrange wet for you and dry for me - might be a bit difficult for Rachael to work out the dance steps for that one, though!

G 4 Geoff

619 GTD here

Edited by - GTD on 4 May 2004 14:28:35

That would be perfect, as I'd ideally like a dry qualifying/testing. So perhaps it could rain during the Megas race.

Rach, I shall expect to see you practicing these dance moves over the next couple of weeks. *wink*

Buroz - it's getting complicated as I've realised that we are both in the Megas! Snett is my first race with the Grads this year!

Rachael - you'll have to do your best - perhaps you could do half and half? *confused*

G 4 Geoff

619 GTD here