Click here if you are having website access problems ×

curious about X-flow twincam head

Paul Drawmer

I took some photos at Stonleigh, and included in them are some shots of a specially cast twin-cam head. Please can someone post the details of what it is, and what it does?

The engineering effort seems amazing to me.

Click here for the pictures, you'll be able to identify which car I'm asking about!

Paul,

First of all, thanks for the Stoneleigh pix. The top left view shows a nice view of my 1600 x-flow seven (the one in red in the foreground). I've now saved this pic as my desktop wallpaper!

Regarding the engines, neither are x-flows. The one with the black cam cover looks like a k-series, whilst the red twin cam is I think a zetec.

Enjoy the fantastic weather - great for Se7ening!!!cool.gif

Tony

Vegatune did do the twin cam conversion. I think the subscriber on these pages "Eugene" has one. Check www.pro-tune.com for pictures of one of these heads on a X-Flow block.

John

The K series is mine , whilst the red topped engine is - as Rob stated , a VTA twin cam . The original VTA was fitted to se7ens in the early 80's there was however a realy poor history of reliability .

The engine has since been developed by Rob Morley at Protune ,based in Finchley , who now owns the rights ( I think ) to a very reliable and powerful unit . Kevins engine is producing about 175bhp with a very flat torque curve maxing at 140+lb from 1700cc .

Rob also offers all steel units pushing out more than 200bhp and 160lb . This is used to good effect in their race car .

The engine doesnt come cheap though !! , plus there is only one VTA head remaining with no plans for any further castings .

Dave

To all concerned with the current discussions ref; Vegantune and the V.T.A. heads.

There is a casting run of heads and ancillaries nearing completion, delivery expected by the end of the month.

These castings are brand new and will include several modifications including hydraulic tappet operation (for 'road' spec. engines)

As for the reference to Rob Morley of Pro-Tune

yes this is 'THE' Rob Morley ex. of Vegantune

Who are currently still in Finchley Central

It is a mystery to all at Vegantune where the

V.T.A. engines apparently supplied by and badged Pro-Tune have originated from.

However all enquiries ref; supply of these engines should be directed to Vegantune on

0208 343 0618

Where we will be glad to answer all your questions.Happy motoring Richard

Dave J

Fitted price min. 170 Bhp

Dry Sump (Vegantune cast ally)

2x 45 dcoe's with ITG filter

Quartermaster clutch

Including new (Vegantune) exhaust system with box(re-packable)

in stainless (carbon to order)and mapped ignition with shift lights and rev. limiter

Trash control extra

5950.00 + vat

Demo 7 available June/July time

As an avid Vegantune user I can heartily recommend the VTA engine, Vegantune and Richard Marshall. They have done me proud over the past few years and my Seven with their VTA engine is joy to drive.

As has been suggested earlier in this thread you can see more at http://freespace.virgin.net/shaw.clan, Eugene’s (the car) website.

Small Boy - with Big Toy!