Click here if you are having website access problems ×

A021R vs A032R - 3 seconds a lap

ashaughnessy

Just had my first race of the year with my new tyres, Yoko A032R (S compound) to replace my A021R. My best lap time this year was 3 seconds a lap better than my best last year at this circuit (Cadwell Club). The tyres are the only thing to have changed apart from using full-fat leaded 4 star instead of LRP. Pretty big difference. They felt very similar but with much sharper turn-in. Money well spent, I think.

It was a fantastic race day, as well.

Anthony

Anthony - that actually makes me feel a lot better. I was running round Brands Hatch GP last week doing 1'58" or thereabouts, having seen the Roadsports guys a week before doing 1'45". They are running A032Rs, I think; I'm running Avon ZZ1s, which have yet to really register that they've been trackside - v. hard wearing. I didn't realise tyres could make *that* much difference (or: I didn't realise I was *that* slow...)

Can't wait to replace 16" & ZZ1 for 13" & AO32R...

- Darren.

Re A032r's, there was a comment in a recent thread re the possibility of them being availabe in the larger size of 215/50/13. This is the case, and though not listed on www.polleymotorsport.com George had them for sale at last weeks INCARACE ( Hot Rod) meeting at Mallory. Didn't get any info re pricing, rim sizes, rolling diamneter etc, so if anyone else finds out it would be helpful

Alan

215/50x13 AO32R's are now available,we supplied some to a customer

2 weeks ago.Rolling circumference is virtually identical to 185/60x13

but they ideally want to be on a 7" rim,6.5" min recomended.The 215's

only come in H compound whereas the 185's are usually S,result is

the tyres are more difficult to get up to working temp. particularly

with the lower (50) profile.Noticable on the track,not so much on

the road.

If you are interested we can give you price/availability,ring

Chris Ambler on 01462 488788.