Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Loads of Parts For Sale

Kaspar McFarlane

We need to sell as many of our spare parts and bits left over from upgrads to pay for a new gearbox and clutch so the following and probably more are for sale.

Live axle FIA bar + strut and headrest. Under offer

Red bush Wide track ARB

2 pairs for Live axle uprigths inc trunions

2 full sets of spax adj platform dampers

Loads of springs for the above and others inc progressive de-dion rears

Ital diff 3.9 (live axle)

Oil pressure gauge std caterham (97)

Sender units for above

2 pairs of std track lower wishbones + o/s upper (1 of)

Rev counter std caterham (97)

Heated windscreen

Wipers, wiper motor, electrics ect (full kit)

Std hood for live axle (not extra vis)

Doors (matching hood above)

Std rad

I also have aspare X-Flow engine and boxes and boxes of bits. It could probably do with a re-build which I could do to any spec you want or if people want bits that pos too.

Also available are ail header tanks for X-Flows and should fit all other engines, If not I can make some to fit whatever you want. Also catch tanks swirl pots etc.

To see ali tanks, other parts, collect bits see me at Curborough or any of the club sprints!(all being well)

Gemzoe

Dave

I'm interested in a set of Spax adjustable platform dampers. Are they for a LA? How many miles? What price are you looking for?

Also interested in the Xflow engine, is it an AX block & std bore size?

Thanks

Mark

Edit: Why did I call the block a 6AX??

Edited by - Mark Gregory on 30 Apr 2004 19:58:27

I will E-Mail you all tomorrow.

Shouldn't be any problems so far apart from the box being a syncro not a dog, apart from that it looks like i'll be able to keep everyone happy with dampers, spring, screen ect to this point and will contact you all sometime tomorrow *thumbup*

Oh yes ... sorry I'm keeping my AX block (can you blame me) the other two are 711.

Gemzoe

To try and keep things as fair as possible and so we don't start an on-line bidding war for the people above this who have asked for parts and still want them according to spec etc. e-mail me offers and I will accept the best one from those already stating interest so far will secure subject to reasonable offers!!

To try and answer your questions now the gear box will fit a 711/AX cross flow block in space of a type 9, it is a synchro not a dog box. The adjustable platform dampers are for a live axle car, there is a pair of fronts in good condition i.e., sticker etc. (not scruffy) There are no rears to this set. Approx 15,000 miles dry. The second set includes fronts and rears still in full working order, one has rubber cover over main body, the other still has sticker, both look in very reasonable condition, the rears also have rubber covers over the main body but one of the covers is starting to deteriorate but both dampers work perfectly, adjuster, platforms, etc.

Just checked out springs for those who were enquiring.

Fronts - all 1.9 inch int. diameter i.e. fit Spax etc

front set no 1 - open length 190mm, poundage unknow but coil thickness 8mm/5/16" open coil type

Front set no 2 - open length 238mm, 170 pound, coil thickness 9mm ,open coil type

Front set no 3 - open length 208mm, poundage unknown, coil thaiciness 10mm, tight coil type

Front set no 4 - open length 206mm, unknown pooundage, 10mm, tight coil type

Rear dampers have springs on with 9mm thick coils

Rear coils 2.25 inch int diam. open length 348mm, 110 - 190 lb progressive i.e.coil tightens to one end

Whilst finding this informatioan for everyone I have also come across

*pre - engage starter motor for a cross flow,

*2 Lucas dizzies including caps, rotors , one to suit approx. up to 135bhp and other to suit 135 - 150 bhp approx. ( if you want exact spec I can tell you the relevant numbersfrom it and if you call Aldon they will tell you what it is) Both these have igniter systems.

Also found

*standard remote linkage for the gear box

*Gunson timing light - non advance type

Gemzoe

I will be at Stoneleigh on Monday with all the parts still available most of you have my number so just give me a call, if you don't look for a silver Vectra in the Caterham area whichwillhave a poster in the window with contact information and parts available

Gemzoe

Dave

I tried to mail you but couldn't get thru. I'm afraid my colleague has had to buy other car parts following a poor result at Brands so wont be able to buy the gearbox for the forseeable future.

Sorry for any inconveinience.

Bob

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...