Click here if you are having website access problems ×

fuel-pump (injection) problems on VX

Marius

To all technicans, quick help required. I picked up my TB-Vauxhall-engine yesterday together with my new safety-fuel-cell, now the following problem occured: the injection-fuel-pumps obviously don´t draw the fuel themselves, they have to be mounted at a lower place than the fuel-cell.

I could manage to do this (only if it has to be) but would about the fuel-cell? There is a hose inside which leads from the bottom to the top through an alloy-plate and from there on to the pump. Will any fuel reach the pump over this "top" of the tank? Do I need a catch-tank ?

Please help, I want to go for a blast quickly !

Cheers,

Marius

Marius,

If you are using a Facet high pressure pump these do draw the fuel themselves, though be careful you get pressure quickly as they seize if they run dry for more than a few secs.

Pump should be as close to the tank as possible, and below the filled level of the fuel in the tank when you first use (prime) it.

If the tank is not baffled, you will suffer awful surge problems when cornering on less than a 75% full tank.

I had this setup and resorted to the K series tank with an upgraded pump.

Arnie Webb

The Fat Bloke blush.gif in a Fast Temporarily Indisposed Vauxhall wink.gif

See the R500 eater here

See the Le Mans Trip Website here

Arnie, can´t get the FACET-one over here quick enough, I firstly have to stick with the 5bar BOSCH-pump. I think I´ll just give that thing a carefull try, maybe together with a catch-tank. By the way, picked up my engine yesterday with "your" throttle-bodies on them and the "Arnie-Webb-bonnet". Engine showed real (!) 232PS and 228Nm torque on the dyno, should be on the road next week...

Thanks for your advise, K2RUM doing fine again ?

Marius

Marius,

Is the pipe that you are referring to a breather? If so just fit a one way vent valve on it. The one to use is the one from a Dicatti motobike tank. With regard the pump, I think it will need mounting lower than the tank to ensure gravity feed. As your new tank is foeam filled? surge should / will not be a problem. A swirl pot may be required however. The return from the injectors should be plumbed back to either the top of the tank or to the swirl pot which could be in the engine bay.

John

Marius,

232PS - Whats that about 235bhp??

And 228Nm must be about 168 lb/ft

Thats pretty good. What cams/valves/porting do you have??

Latest on K2RUM is at

http://www.lotus7club.co.uk/blatchat/topic.asp?topic_id=5803&forum_id=8&forum_title=TechTalk&M=False&S=True&Topic_Title=Lead+Indium+big+end+shells&P=False

Arnie Webb

The Fat Bloke blush.gif in a Fast Temporarily Indisposed Vauxhall wink.gif

See the R500 eater here

See the Le Mans Trip Website here