Click here if you are having website access problems ×

1800cc Steel Xflow ..

rgrigsby

Guys, as the very brief previous owner of this engine, I can confirm it was built without regard for cost. I still have the mortgage to prove it.

The block is an AX type, which ran for <2000 miles with forge pistons and standard crank and rods, but at the time a prototype SPR head with 9/32" valves.

The head was replaced with a new casting and ported to almost race spec, as it runs un-leaded inserts. The prototype head being sold to a lucky racer.

The pistons are the latest spec, and the previous pistons ( <2000 miles ) were discarded as the new engine would go up to 9k .

Roger meticulously prepared the block and assembled the componants.

The engine would hand onto an SLR racer at Hethal, both with out screens, but mine with full interior, seats, spare wheel etc.

This is a superb engine, similar to Dr John's with the exception of the head and carefully set up on the rollers by Roger.

The engine will go straight into a x-flow car and you can go chase the rapid k-series cars for a faction of the cost.

Good luck Rob, I hope the BEC works are coming on well

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Guys

It would be criminal to break this engine !

Surely someone out there wants to upgrade their X-flow to the "highest" spec ( there are slightly wilder cams available, larger carbs and injection if you want to spend more ) for a small fraction of the build cost. It took me a long time to save up for all the goodies in this engine.

This will go straight into an x-flow engine bay and a very quick upgrade - trust me engine swaps can take ages...

Go and blow all those R300's away for very little spend, and a weekends work

• Leadership Team

.........yep temptation got the better of me *tongue* *tongue* 😬 😬........now the fun starts...anyone got a socket set I can borrow 🤔 *tongue*

Sorry Norm (Mr Verona) I know i've gone against your advice concerning swapping engines (no disrespect Rob), but it had to be done.

Upgraditis has been killed............for the time bring

Rog

• Leadership Team

Hi Mike

no I'm afraid....I'm not meeting Rob until 22nd to pick it up. But I've already negotiated suitable in a mates workshop so I'll be ready to do the swap hopefully that weekend 😬 😬 😬 😬

Rog