Click here if you are having website access problems ×

1800cc Steel Xflow ..

rgrigsby

I've decided to switch to something different so my "monster" Roger King built Xflow is now for sale, brief details of the spec are..

Modified 264 Cam

AX Block

1800 (85.9mm) forged pistons

Full dry sump system (not sure about including the dry sump tank yet but probably!)

All steel engine internals with beautiful crank and arrow rods

Freshly rebuilt unleaded "race" head ( not an old modified casting )

Weber DCEO 45's with K&N Filters

Weber Alpha mapped 3D system

Light weight spider flywheel

Quarter Master Organic paddle clutch (AP Cermetalic Clutch also available)

Wrapped/polished primaries and collector

Brise starter

Wilcox alternator fixings

New Alternator

Numerous extras such as the alternative clutch, spare engine mounts etc etc basically anything Xflow related I can find in my garage!

The engine was given a "top and tail" by Roger King early last year and has since done about 1500 miles, it's just had the head completly rebulit with all new valves/valve springs and all the ports have been given a once over. At the same time all the gaskets have been replaced along with new oil, new platinum tipped plugs etc etc (basically a full service plus the head work costing £1500!!)

I've run this engine for 18months now and it's been superb, it's goes like an aboslute train in the car and is quite capable of keeping up and beating a lot more modern machinery. (I great race at Brands last year with J.R.'s Blackbird engined car is testament to this)

The main reason for sale is that I've finally decided to go for a bike engined car so it's got to go to fund the conversion.

The engine cost in excess of 8K to build and has since had over £2.5K spent on it with no expense spared to keep it going perfectly, please contact me off list to discuss offers. (I'm also going to have a freshly rebuilt 6 speed Caterham gearbox for sale at the same time although I plan to sell this seperately)

I'm looking for offers around £3500 for the engine and around £1700 for the 6 speed gearbox.

Cheers

Rob G

www.SpeedySeven.com

Edited by - rgrigsby on 8 Dec 2004 16:16:37

Guys, as the former owner of this wonderful engine, I can testify that it is pretty well as quick as a SLR racer down the main straight at Hethal.

Would make a fantastic upgrade for no doubt a fraction of the build cost

Only reason for my VX project was to go past the SLR

Anthony

Anthony

Raceco can on and it looks stunning

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...