Click here if you are having website access problems ×

PRG Sport or BJ Minno trailer

frankyknuckles

franky

don't ignore the woodford range either, maybe even new. Minnos secondhand are quite rare as most people hang on to them, they are that good (you're not having mine for a start).

I have looked at alternatives and the woodford was made by an ex BJ employee and looked pretty much as good but cheaper - you pay a premium for a Minno.

shrewdcookie - my Caterham site - now with carbon fibre airbox pictures !

Things to consider with a trailer purchase that I went through:

For towing, a double axle is better imho. The natural tendency of twin axle is to run straight so snaking is much less and towing becomes a breeze. I did almost five hours back from Cadwell yesterday after a tiring trackday and towing for that length of time was easy - it's important to consider things like this as it's as much how and when you'll be using it as what it has in terms of features.

The Minno fits through a single garage door, my garage has two single doors so I'd be stuck otherwise for storing it other than outside which will age it prematurely. Even if you have a double door now, this could be important in the future.

My car lives on the trailer, I dip the trailer's nose, lower the legs at the back, then raise the nose again to take the weight off the suspension and the car can live happily without loading the trailer's running gear 24x7 - something you might want to consider.

The BJ range can all be upgraded so I have all the toys on mine and I've had further things added that I designed, you'll need tyre rack, jerry can storage, strap storage (nice to have), centre decking is useful, security and extra running lights and the like if you really want to be a tart. I think they all have a winch. I don't know if the others have such a range but it's useful if you can get this kind of spec.

Definitely, get a trailer though, it makes track days much easier, safer and more fun imho.

shrewdcookie - my Caterham site - now with carbon fibre airbox pictures !