Click here if you are having website access problems ×

1800 Zetec for Sale

PaulBaker

Unique Caterham 7 for sale, due to the arrival of my second child.

1980's car, Caterham Yellow. completely rebuilt with the intention to be used for classic rallying, but never competed. Great condition with 9000 on the clock. Full history of all work completed.

Full weather gear. All the advantages of a new 7, with the added benefit of classic car insurance!

£11,000

Pictures available. Based in the Sheffield, ring on 0114 2314034 or drop me an email.

Hi Paul, you may get more intrest if you gave a little more detail.

IE is it a vx or xflow, cycle or clam wings, 1600, 1700 or 1800 does it have leather seats, a screen, heater, 421 comp exhaust, FIA roll bars etc etc. Have you scoured the wants and contacted the people there, (I'm one of them, think I'm on page two and I still get the odd email from someone who wants to sell their car, I'm in the market and I know for certain that there are at least two or three others looking in this price range.

Hope this helps.

PS once I know more details I may be interested. 😬

Regards

May the best of your past be the worst of your future.

Edited by - Burt1969 on 29 Apr 2004 20:51:01

Burt1969 - To answer a few of your questions (as best as I can - i'm someone who likes driving cars - not a mechanic or car nut!)

As pointed out by Ferrino, yes the car is a Zetec 1800 Engine, putting out about 150bhp. Car has S type leather seats (but no headrests) Has full weather gear (therefore full screen). FIA roll bar. JPE type exhaust, and those nice wheels that everyone seems to like (minilites or something?)

Car has just had it's MOT and a full service, so no work needed.

I did do a lot of asking around, and questioning before I bought the car, and while everyone has different opinions of which engine is the best for a seven (in particular rivalry between VX and Zetec!) the Zetec engine in itself has never been in dispute. It's a great engine!, absolute reliability, good economy, well spread Torque, reasonable from low revs, but works better with a bit higher. Limit at about 7.5k revs. In a seven, I don't think anyone has ever reached the end of an Zetec engine through normal driving, the units in themselves will easily do 150k miles with a normal amount of TLC.

The engine in this car was brand new at the restoration, and has only done approx 9k miles since new.