Click here if you are having website access problems ×

5 Speed Quaiffe sequential

Mike C

Might be possibly selling the above. It has the optional alloy casing, big LED gear indiactor and has obly done 450 miles maximum, so still like new.

It originally cost £4,700, I'm looking at swapping it for a very good Caterham six speed box plus cash. Or outright sale for £3300

Only reason for sale is the gradual return to standard spec of my JPE.

Regards

Mike

07770 968944

Sorry if my comment appeared confrontational, it was a genuine question about standard fitment on JPE's. I was under the impression that the JPE's came with 5 speed type 9's fitted with Quaife gear kits. Obviously they kept evolving the spec during the life of the car.

Chelspeed,

No problem. A lot of JPE's (relative term) were built with all manner of options and fittings away from the percieved dayglo yellow, aero screened K7 JPE image. The last few had different throttle bodies, some were 2.2 litres and some had full weather equipment.

Mine originally left with a six speed box and standard black dials rather than the yellow backed JPE ones. I'm sure there is not a single JPE the same. So yes you are right, they continually developed the car in terms of spec etc.

regards

Mike