Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Llandow

rgrigsby

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My thanks to everyone as well for a great weekend.

Sorry Andy - I continued to smile all the way home about how lucky I was to have the 4th run *cool* *cool*

Somebody has to help Dave keep the xflow flag flying though!

I was particularly concerned (weren't we all!!) with the times Mark was setting - although I believe it may have had something to do with chilli-power!

After managing to mess up the first timed run with a just slightly too late braking into the bus stop - sideways - oops - oh bugger moment, I was always trying to catch up. Still - brilliant times Mark, and well done Colin as well.

Mike

Fantastic weekend, and well worth the early start on saturday to get down for the track day. After my two winter rebuilds I spent most of the first two track day sessions watching the oil pressure but then decided watching the track was more beneficial. Hilight for me was as passenger in Brodies car when he went out to check the track condition down the back straight and chicane after Simons oil laying exercise. The handling and acceleration is unbelievable.

The sprint was fantastic but not sure about letting 1800's run in Class 2 as it was bloody hard work trying to catch Mark Durrant who was really flying. Congrats to Mrs Kipper on her trophy, well deserved.

Thanks to Dave and Lisa and all the marshalls for putting on a great event it is definately the highlight event of the year and deserves all the support it can get.

Colin.

Thanks Dave and all who helped you organise a most excellent weekend! :-)

It was my first sprint and I thoughly enjoyed it....can't wait til the next one.

It has blown away my preconceptions about motorsport being elitist and unfriendly and can't reccomend it highly enough to anyone else thinking of thier first taste of competing.

I have many stories about the weekend, mostly of how not to do it....like lining up for my 2nd practice run and complaining to my pit crew (Mark Durrant and my girlfriend) of a bad misfire, which precipitated a mad panic while we tried to diagnose the fault before my next run. Finally when all things had been checked and we were contemplating a bad engine fault caused by a previous missed gearchange, I suddenly remembered I hadn't put any petrol in the car for a while! :-S ....if it wasn't for the fact that I was so relieved that I hadn't buzzed the engine, I would have died of embarressment! :-)

Dave : I will try and get something down for Low Flying and get back to you.

A BIG thanks too to Mark Durrant....without his mechanical knowledge and help I wouldn't have been there...cheers Mark! :-)

Rich.

Thank you to Dave J and his helpers in running a brilliant event *thumbup*

Well done to Charles and Mike W in class 1, your times would have both smashed the class 1 record set by Mr Outterside in 2002 of 88.52 (i don't feel too bad now *smile*)

Well done to my mum as well, are we going to see a sub 70 sec run at curborough *eek*

and i have to say well done to my dad for managing to beat me with more BHP, wider and better suspension, a six speed box, a LSD, a sports exhaust........ 😬 😬 😬

Roll on Curborough *thumbup*

Rob

Ford: Engineered for life - built to rust!!

Quote: "Well done to my mum as well, are we going to see a sub 70 sec run at curborough"

Very probably Robert but not necessarily by me

I have just realised that with my time of 103.33 and Colin's 2nd place time of 85.99 I may just have got myself a couple of championship points *thumbup*

Mrs Kipper

Still smiling 😬

I’d like to add my thanks to Dave and Lisa for all their hard work, personally I had the best day’s sprinting ever. I thoroughly enjoyed my battle with Rob, it’s great when it’s that close and you’re looking for less than a tenth.

Let’s spare a thought for Dave McFarlane, he had car problems for most of the day and only got one timed run which was instantly in the 81’s and good enough for third. What happened afterwards looked very expensive, I hope in this case looks can be deceptive.

Adrian

Look forward to seeing the footage Dave *thumbup* and Rob G, if you could lend me yours to lift the best bits for the 2004 DVD it would be much appreciated 😬

Dave, it's a miracle you managed to put in that performance after the night that it sounds like you had *eek* Well done that man! There's a story to tell on your voiceover!

Scream if you wanna go faster!

Caterham FireBlade NJA509

Thanks to all involved in the running of this event.

This was my first foray into car motorsport after 8 yrs on bikes, from road racing to enduro racing.

It was most refreshing to enjoy a really well run event, with friendly folk, efficient marshalling and plenty of good-natured banter in the paddock.

Having been a Clerk of the Course I am well aware how much unseen time goes into running any motorsport event, and it's a real hats-off to all who gave their time in such good spirit.

There's much work to do on the driving bit, having very few miles in a seven, but that will come---however, my tea and bacon roll munching is already at J.Button level 😬 😬 *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup*

What happened to Dave McFarlane's car ?

Dave was struggling with his clutch all morning & tried to get into the timed run before lunch. All the marshalls waited about 5 minutes after everyone had finished to fit him in but couldn't wait too long. He managed to get it together after lunch for 1 run to snatch 3rd but his clutch fell apart throwing bits of shrapnel through his dry sump talk ☹️

Brave effort from a nice guy & a long way from Wakefield.

How do you get the dead flies off your teeth....... 😬 R5AAH

Edited by - alan7 on 27 Apr 2004 13:37:58

What happened to Dave McFarlane's car ?

Dave was struggling with his clutch all morning & tried to get into the timed run before lunch. All the marshalls waited about 5 minutes after everyone had finished to fit him in but couldn't wait too long. He managed to get it together after lunch for 1 run to snatch 3rd but his clutch fell apart throwing bits of shrapnel through his dry sump talk ☹️

Brave effort from a nice guy & a long way from Wakefield.

How do you get the dead flies off your teeth....... 😬 R5AAH

Oh dear, not good. I guess there won't be such a hurry for the ignition map I promised him now. ☹️

He didn't seem to be having a lot of luck all weekend, with the waterpump manifold blanking plate blowing out on the Saturday.

Edited by - Graham Perry on 27 Apr 2004 13:56:57