Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

brakes upgrade

stokester

Hi

I've got standard brakes on my supersport and was thinking about upgrading...had a bit of fade on my last track day! Anyone got any advice...caterham have 4 pots for £795 and I have seen the ones in low flying from James Whiting for ££485 + VAT. Big difference!

The Caterham supplied front brakes (AP) come with new ventilated disks & work very well. The JW supplied front brakes (Alcon) utilise the standard disks & work very well. So it's easier to fit the JW kit & new disks are about £17 each. The ventilated disks are about £140 each.

I've used the JW set-up since 1999 & I'm very pleased with it. It comes down to how much you wish to pay.

Mick

PS: do a search in the archives as there's plenty of previous discussion.

I have recently fitted the Alcon four pots from James Whiting with some Pagid Pads and they work very well. A cheaper upgrade is to keep the standard calipers and fit a set of Pagids. I recommend you give James whiting a call and discuss your needs with him *thumbup*

Mark D

Su77on Se7ens *cool*

i would suggest contacting Hi-Spec in Dartford. They have 2 types of brake system repalacement for Caterham std brakes.

an ultra-lite 4 pot caliper on a beutifull solid disc (cat be grooved or holed or both) or vented. I have just bought the solid disc grooved option on Ultrlites and very pleased - total was £400.00 for calipers and discs!!

second is there heavier caliper on vented or solid disc. This will cost approx. £500.00 all in.

Only issue with Hi-Spec is that they are a very small business, with a very small factory/office! They are just about to move v.close to Caterham (factroy) and have lots of orders on now! Be prepared to wait upto 6 weeks for the bits!

Friendly and helpful people though!

Rgds

Simon

Paul,

yes - all fits under the 13" wheels I have got.

Question - do you drive an HPC then?

Not farting at all as I have just converted my wimp crossflow with an XE motor - buetifull it is too. Bit heavy, but on hell of allot cheaper than a zetec conversion and more brute performance (my opinion!)!

Simon *thumbup*