Click here if you are having website access problems ×

DVA lightly ported head + verniers SOLD (Petrolhead - there's a note for you here)

henry21p

Head from 1.8ss K series - lightly ported by DVA. Has done 10,000 miles (10 months or so). c/w all supersport gubbins (cams etc). Bit coked up due to high oil usage DVA reckoned it just needed a darned good clean - head is sound though.

Verniers as well for the above.

Being sold due to bottom-end failure and replacment engine.

Make me an offer.

P523 BPB - Caterham 21 Captain Scarlet Evolution

www.caterham21.com

Edited by - dave21p on 26 Apr 2004 10:51:04

Edited by - dave21p on 28 Apr 2004 17:00:55

To those that replied direct to me (don't forget to let me have return e-mail addresses!)

Here is the detail for the original head from notes by DVA:

the original head was from an S2 Elise with 7000 miles, fitted with my supersport cams.

"I have stripped the head and replaced the valve stem oil seals

The head has been lightly skimmed to clean it up.

The head has been lightly ported.

All the exhaust valves have been re-lapped

All the valves have been cleaned.

New cam followers have been fitted with the original cams with Piper cam lube.

Verniers have been fitted and timed to 70 thou lift at TDC on the inlet and 50 thou on the exhaust, with the original pulleys the timing was 6 thou inlet and 89 thou exhaust......

It has then done a further 10,000 miles and recently has become a little coked up due to bottom-end problems. It needs a good clean, but other than that is sound. Never overheated, car was never on track and has lived with one of the nice Mike Satur type gaskets for its life.

Current information on it from the powers that be suggest that if in a clean state and WITHOUT the veriers, this is worth £350 - I will knock 100 off as it needs £100 of cleaning (DVA quote). With the verniers (priced at 154 on DVA's website ex fitting), it would knock it back up to £350

P523 BPB - Caterham 21 Captain Scarlet Evolution

www.caterham21.com