Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Oil Filter R500

pfreeman

I've got two part numbers, GFE280 AND PH4952

Has anyone got any idea which oil filter I can buy from Halfords that will fit the R500 - is it the same as the SLR ? - Anyone bought one from Halfords ?!

I need to do the oil change tonight and don't have the time to get to Caterham.

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers !

Paul.

Caterham have in the past supplied GFE280 and GFE171 for Ks. Now standardised on GFE280 which is standard Rover fitment. Just ask for a filter for an MGF and you won't go wrong.

I have never heard of there being any difference between R500 filters and normal ks. My super K works fine on a GFE280.

Edited by - Peter Carmichael on 18 May 2001 10:55:36

Thanks, Peter & John.

I've got the Fram PH4952 on at the moment, but I didn't know if I could expect to get one from Halfords.

About to do 3000 miles in 10 days so don't want to give anyone any reason to point fingers if my engine goes pop and the oil wasn't changed !

Also - is there anything else I should change before such an outing ? - I'm taking spare belts, plugs, clutch cable, throttle cable, exhaust bracket as spares but didn't see the need to change any of them before I set off - car's running fine at the moment.

Only niggling worry is the starter motor when it gets hot sometimes doesn't start - don't know if I should attempt to wrap the primaries with heat bandage before I go...

Thoughts ?