Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Tech-craft silencers?

Drumster

I need to fit a new box to the exhaust in the vain hope that I can reduce the noise levels (managed 109db at Brooklands on the static test! - no prizes for guessing what's under my bonnet)

Has anyone had any experiences of these silencers, good, bad, indifferent, cheap expensive etc?

Any comments would be much appreciated. Thanks

Chris Alston

Se7ening - it's all miles and smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Give Chris Wheeler at the Seven Workshop a call....he is an agent for these products and will give you a full run down. Not cheap but then quality products rarely are!

The boxes are made by Techcraft, a firm run by Roy T Lane, the multiple British Hillclimb Champion. Enough said?

Andrew

• 2 weeks later...
catching up on posts... If you chose a Tech Craft silencer, ensure it's well supported. They're very light and not as robust as the standard Caterham silencers. In most non-7 applications they're supported by straps around the main body of the silencer. I had one that cracked repeatedly where the inlet pipe connects to the silencer's body I know of one other person that has had the same experience. It must be said that these were both 7's with Zetec engines that see a fair bit of track use but it is supposed to be a motorsport silencer. Unfortunately Roy Lane wasn't terribly sympathetic.