Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Tonneau cover (with tillet ears)

_Tim_

Nick, I can only relate to what Caterham parts quoted us this morning - phone them yourself.

I confirm we are still interested but clearly at your stated price it makes more sense to buy from Dartford - do phone if you want to talk this through.

JH

Deliveries by Saffron, *thumbup* the yellow 222bhp Sausage delivery machine

Tim,

I can confirm. I bought a full tonneau with tillet ears from CC three weeks ago at a cost of £95 +vat+p&P. Prior to putting my tillets in I purchased a tonneau without ears and it cost £87+vat+p&p.

Looking at the New Car and Options price list down loaded from CC web site the options are

Tonneau £95 or Tonneau and half screens £320. Not sure what you paid for *confused*

W.Nut *thumbup*.

Rosso Superlight no.087

Could well be the fact that it fits a roll cage that bumps the price up.

Unless CC have diddled all the Academy guys 😳, the price stated is what they go for new!

Chris

PS: Tim - why didn't you post this 2 weeks back!? *mad* 😬 😬

Curiouser and curiouser...

A few weeks ago I spoke to Darren Philips (CC Parts) and he quoted 90+VAT for a plain tonneau, or 140+VAT for one with Tillett headrest pockets. I actually wanted one to fit with a roadsport cage, which they didn't have in stock, but was told the prices would be the same as above.

Somewhere along the line we ain't comparing apples with apples... (And Mr Wingnonut got a bargain.)

Normally the prices for the racecar spec-up parts are pretty good - some even decently discounted.

Maybe there are 50 quids worth of extra bits in the "fixing pack"... *confused*

Trying to make sense of all this...anyway.

Tim - I bought a full tonneau last week as I am missing the driver's side tonneau (with tillet). Unfortunately the new one doesn't have the petty bar cut-out that I need. It also has a slimmer zip so that the driver's side doesn't zip to my existing half!! (arghh!)

Does your passenger section have the petty bar cut out? If so I may be interested. Otherwise it's off to Oxsted (or whatever their name is...)

Please email me. cheers Steve

Could the price difference be that yours has two large moth holes at the front end i.e. to fit a full cage.

Do not want tonneau with moth holes, so therefore pulling out as a possible purchaser - good luck with the moth balls!

JH

Deliveries by Saffron, *thumbup* the yellow 222bhp Sausage delivery machine

Hi Masha

Last week I bought exactly what you said: " do they do a tonneau with pockets for 2x tillets and no hole for FIA strut, if so anyone know how much?"

I need a tonneau with the hole for the FIA strut (Petty bar) but not the front (moth) holes.

Hopefully CC will refund me as the tonneau is new, if not are you interested?...

cheers

Steve