Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Airbox test results

EFA

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a thought.

Instead of trying to measure pressure and calculating horsepower gains, why not do a simple test with a G-sensor where you log G & speed up to say 140mph with and without the airbox?

Wouldn't that be the definitive answer? You get all the variables into play:

* cold air (+)

* possible ram air effect (+)

* possible increase in drag (-)

* weight penalty of airbox 😬 (-)

WOW that's impressive!!!!!

I love this thread, it makes me feel so proad to be British. You know to think that a back street outfit can beat the best brains in the global motorsport and aerospace industries, what with their huge R&D budgets and experience. That's just amazing, and he's done it by strapping a bucket to his bonnet - coooool.

You know with your world beating talent and the fact that Adrian Newey appears to have gone off the boil maybe you'd like to apply for his position at MClaren? (if not head of NASA).

Time for a bit of common sense I think 😬

R400 Duratec 230bhp *cool*

• 2 weeks later...

Mike,

I've only just read your post. I would research who Activa are (although the composites part of the business has now closed down) and figure that McLaren also use their wind tunnel for a significant amount of their R&D work before you spout off yourself.

That said, I should now come clean and admit the entire test was indeed a fabrication.

Still anything which gets Hoopy to think for quite as long as he did has to be could. Beats having him fill up the server with test area content!

Fat Arn

Slay the K.