Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Freestyle AVO's

BrianHorn

Fitted my new yummy dampers a while ago but not yet been out on the road, when some clever arse says to me:" ain't those shocks fitted the wrong way round"?

Now I'm not sure 'cause I fitted the front ones with the damping dial facing outwards which does I have to say looks VERY close to the wishbone *confused*

Should they have been fitted like the rears, ie pointing inwards 🤔 *confused*

Brian

'The Wizard' is a 1989 de Dion SuperSprint in Red with Silver stripe..

I will try my AVO/Fast Road springs on the Bugatti track on May 1/2. I have also the FreeStyle ARB. Motor is 1.6 K standard ( K&N and 4 2 1/Raceco Ti, Laminova, Appolo). Tyres are 032Rs SS 205 60 13 rear and 185 60 13 front.

What would be a good set up (AR and dampers clicks )to start, and how increasing the clicks would theoritically modify the handling ?

Pierre

been running my yummy AVO/FS dampers at 10 clicks rear and 0 clicks front on the road for a few days. On the smooth bits it's brilliant and points and sticks like you wouldn't believe. It is a bit harsh over the bumps though!!

Now to try the reverse...harder at the front and soft at the back to see what happens. Haven't had so much fun in ages!

Graham

I have had a couple of decent road blats on my new AVO's, and like most others I can confirm they are much better than my previous spax set up. I have been running on the road 5 clicks rear and zero up front. I wasn't happy with the front as it seemed underdamped on rough surfaces, ie the wheels seem to bounce around a lot. Experimentation shows on my car that 8 to 10 clicks at the front appears to be better for the road with much more wheel control over rough surfaces . This is with zero anti rollbar on

Graham Gridgway,

my understanding is that, in theory and in a first approach, the harder the rear is , the less grip at the rear inducing more oversteer. But I may be wrong and probably each Seven is a particular case. Now hard means springs or ARBs rather than dampers, so that I don't know really what some more clicks can do...

I have never tested the above, and this is why I am curious to get some feedback.

Pierre

Tight Farts right after two hours stuck on the M25 I got to Intercomp only to find they were now alright, still the boss, Clint, checked them over and did all the calibration and every thing is back in working order and Gary owes me big time for taking them down there.