Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Aero filler cap for K series

Jason Plato

Its not the filler cap that leaks, it is the filler neck, which has an open breather to atmosphere. In every left hand bend on track with half a tank of fuel or more, the fuel piddles out of the breather hose.

You can fix this easily by running an extra long hose from the breather up the rollover bar and then back down to vent somewhere behind the tank.

AFAIK, all k-series suffer from this. Jon Hill had this at the club track day at Cadwell.

I've had a locking aero filler cap since I built V7 in late 99. At the time Caterham said they hadn't been offering the aero filler cap as an option but I could have one. I thought that was just talk, but having bought V7 I must say I've not seen many others with one.

I don't have any leaking problems either.

I've got the same problem with petrol smell. Left hand corners with a tank even half full will produce fumes. Last weekend I fitted an Aero filler cap, looks great but didn't get rid of the problem. My overflow does not vent to atmosphere, it's connected to a hose going back via the tunnel to the engine. I can't see any evidence of any leakage.

Has anyone any suggestions?

Dave C

WEL653