Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Myles - Is it sorted?

mav

or do I not need one anyway...?

Sorry - that was spectacularly badly worded - what I meant was - is there any point in me changing the existing one, on the basis that I'm only running a base-spec 1.6k and have never (knowingly) had any temp issues...

Keep BC free and open for ALL. Membership No. 43xx

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Myles,

Take an opinion form JJ / V7, but for what it is worth, I only changed the stat on my car as I fitted a laminova, and so was dumping extra heat into the system. This lead me to believe it would be better to have the stat open earlier (cooler).

I have some spare coldstream ready mixed here too...

i still don't see what the cooler sta is meant to do - the car isn't in trouble until well into the 90s - opening the stat when its not in trouble isn't going to affect that *confused* *confused* *confused* *confused*

There is an arguement that it means that in conditions where the cooling system is adequate you get a bit more power as the engine is slightly cooler - but the effect is pretty small...

HOOPY R706KGU Hoopylight R

If it didn't come on, you had no oil pressure problems so there's no worries

Actually, it *did* come on on a handful of laps - just past the hairpin (v. low revs, only for a fraction of a second). I only noticed this from the in-car video, not from seeing the light at the time (there's a lesson...)

The alarm was set for 25psi, but as it only happened for a select few laps (it seems only for those laps where the hairpin was so slippy that I'd be trickling away from it), I'm not worried.

Mav My bits have finally arrived - but CC have made a small mistake (sending a blanking plug instead of a replacement sender) - so could I pinch your spare please? I'll replace it next time I order some bits, but for now, I've had enough of paying CC three quid or so to post a couple of grammes...

Keep BC free and open for ALL. Membership No. 43xx

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻