Click here if you are having website access problems ×

and tonight Matthew, I'm going to be ...

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cos I have no sense of smell everytime I went to see my baby neice it was always my turn to change the nappy. Hardest part was avoiding them weeing or pooing on you once the nappy was off and keeping hold of the wriggling legs. My problem was trying to put clothes on them. I'm OK with the suits with the poppers on the legs but t-shirts etc I couldn't get the hang of. STill I'm about to get plenty of practice.

I can't wait to be a dad. I keep sneaking glances at Mrs B's bump when she's doing stuff around the house. It's always great to give her and the bump a hug - although now I have to stand on a step to get over the bump. Very excited but it is daunting responsibility when you stop to think about it. I can see me after the birth holding the baby and when it starts to cry looking for its parents to hand he/she back...then realising it's me. I'm starting to ramble now so better stop...

We had a really early scan at just over 6 weeks (or something like that) and the baby was just a dot but you could actually see the heart pumping. It was unbelievable. Although we had a few scans over the last months I didn't hear the heart until a few weeks ago when Mrs B was rushed into hospital (she is Ok now). It was amazing to hear it pumping away. You're right it does make you feel all gooey...I went around for the rest of the time with a goofey look on my face. Much the same grin as after I had driven SUMY. You're right it is a special moment.

Edited by - Boonie on 14 Apr 2004 11:18:57

Meldrew, no problem, you will see that your suggestion (as misinterpreted by me) had earned a 😬 anyway

And in any event, I ignored your advice (as I understood it)

Although now that I properly understand you, I will certainly be taking that advice 😳 *eek* 😬

Hope that's clear *tongue* *wink*

Poopoo-san and his not quite black and white cat