Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

LEGAL REQUIREMENTS FOR MOT

Guy Lowe

I am in the process of fitting a new carbon dash and want to replace the standard rocker switches with toggle switches, however I am not sure about the legal/MOT issues of:

A. Doing away with the brake fluid warning/test switch

B. Using switches that do not illuminate when the sidelights are on.

My car is on a Q plate and was first registered in 1995, can anyone advise me if either of the above would cause me a problem with getting an MOT?

Thanks

Guy

A. Doing away with the brake fluid warning/test switch not a mot requirement so you can remove it

B. Using switches that do not illuminate when the sidelights are on.also nothing to state your switches have to light up make sure you have a main beam light as you need this and indicator warning lights *cool*

Guy,

Just slightly O/T, Aston Martin has our components for powder coating and they will be ready next week. You did want them 'Blushing Pink' didn't you 🤔

Brent

Zetec 209

Reassuringly Expensive

Edited by - BRENT CHISWICK on 10 Apr 2004 17:27:40

I don't have an indicator warning light & haven't had any problems with the last few MOT's. It got removed & taped up under the dash when I wanted a "hole" for an oil pressure/temperature changeover switch.

Could always replace if I was asked I suppose 😬

I thought you did. *confused*

Now come on Guy, how can you expect me to enjoy a little wind up if you go and change your colour scheme at the 11th hour. 😬

Are you going to the S of M on Wednesday 🤔 Aston might have your bits done by then with any luck.

Brent

Zetec 209

Reassuringly Expensive