Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Tree Huggers

Barbarella

[rant] I admit to being a tree hugger, a pagan and a trainee witch (and a secret roundabout bunny feeder). I'm proud of all of it. I don't care whether other people believe in a God or a Goddess, many deities or none at all. I don't claim to have a monopoly of truth and neither should they. [/rant]

To Nemesis and Count who don't like tree-huggers or anything remotely new-agey - *tongue* 😬

They would probably be nicer people if they DID hug a tree occasionally.

Se7en's - the most fun you can have with clothes on Barbarella here

I've been a GreenPeace member for 20 years this year. I'm an atheist as well.

I am opinionated but I do not claim a monopoly on the truth, please show me an example where I do. Stating my own opinion on something is freedom of speech and BlatChat would be pointless were I and others not to enjoy that freedom. Some of my postings are deliberately provocative, sometimes I get a bite (this would be an example) and sometimes I miss the target - the notoriety is amusing. I may take the odd potshot at the Test Area but I happily gave one of your most regular contributors a welcome in my home and somehwere to stay when it helped him and the club. You are of course free to differ with me, I'll defend your right to do so. However, you don't know me other than through my postings yet are happy to explictly state your opinion that I need to be nicer in this forum - bless you for such wisdom.

I'll go whittle a stake.

shrewdcookie - my Caterham site - UPDATED !

Count

This is a classic example where you take it all too seriously hence why I used [rant][/rant]. Lighten up. Smile. Enjoy the sunshine between the showers. Go and hunt the Easter bunny. Let others wibble here if they want to - is it hurting you? You don't have to snipe at us or even understand our sense of humour or participate, just accept that we are harmless and don't need to be closed down, res

I think we did meet at the Rumble last year, but never mind.

Se7en's - the most fun you can have with clothes on Barbarella here

[harry enfield mode]

HOWEVER......

If a tree, on a nice sunny day, happened to jump out in front of me and my se7en while blatting along a nice country lane I`d say.....

OI! TREE, TAKE YOURSELF AND YOUR PARTICULARLY NICE LATIN NAME OUT OF THE PATH OF MY SE7EN AND RETURN YOUR ATTENTION TO PROVIDING HOMES FOR BIRDS< INSECTS AND LITLE FURRY ANIMALS!

[/harry enfield mode]

New duratec powered build underway *New website soon*

I`ve seen the future.....and it`s powered by duratec

Hoopy the reason your nine whatsits lighter is that for the first time in years youve taken up horizontal gymnastics, BUT then to crown it all you have now resigned from the gym........

😬

So wha U going to do now boy *confused*

195BHP Dry Sumped K

Edited by - Igor on 9 Apr 2004 11:39:05

Not quite Igor. I was down to about 77kg when marathon training, then met Em and had less time for training as I was on the train (hmmm... so was training of another thought *confused*) or up in Newcastle. It probably added 30 mins to my marathon time and halved the training I'd have done.

I then gave up on exercise and got heavier, did a bit in November which cancelled out Christmas and then started again in Jan.

Not much horizontal exercise since then but lots of running, gym time, bought a bicycle (only 3.4 miles into work) etc, applied for subsidised gym membership at work (the one at the flats is cr4p and the one in Newcastle is a pain to get to ). For the last onth I'll be a member of the good gym near work so lots of rowing machine action - 1000 calories burnt on that each visit does the job nicely *smile*

I'm going to join a rowing club up north (not feasible or affordable down here) so that should help. I just need to meet a new 'jogging' partner as well *wink* *thumbup*

OTOH 70 kg was my lightest ever with 12 1-3 hour long sessions of exercise a week, I suspect about 73-75kg would be a similar body fat level these days so 79kg isn't far off...

HOOPY R706KGU Hoopylight R