Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Immobiliser reconnection?

Tony Martyr

When I replaced the original MEMS ecu and replaced it with a dta unit I was left with no immobiliser. My (Clowes) insurance policy states I must have an immobiliser so I have to change my insurance (302 pounds this year with Mr Brown's cut) or do some wiring. The sender/receiver and warning light part of the immobiliser is still working - it just doesn't inhibit starting. I can hear a relay operate with the sender buttons.

So is there a way of using the remains of the Rover system to cut the ignition switch relay or some other circuit to deter te casual thief?

Tony ,

The original rover imobiliser works in tandem with the MEMS ECU , the black imobiliser box switches a relay which then inhibits the ignition side of the ECU . Hence the system can only function *with* the MEMS ECU place .

Some direct replacement ECU's such as Emeral M3DK have the ability to learn the imobiliser signal and hence the Rover imobiliser can still be used ( clever boy is that Carl ! ) , I dont know if this is the case with the DTA system ?? .

Dave