Click here if you are having website access problems ×

First Caterham

gallen

I would be grateful for advice and recommendations..I am very interested in buying a Caterham .I have a max budget of £16k ..I live up a fairly bumpy track and will need as much ground clearance as possible.My preference is for a factory built v low mileage one owner car with no wild and extreme mods.Any suggestions...thanks in anticipation.

For that budget you should be able to get hold of a nice used Superlight. 1600k series engine, 6-speed, Carbon Fibre Wings, Dash and Nose Cone (all standard on Superlights). Ground clearance may be a problem with any 7 you buy, but this could be improved by buying one with/swapping to 16" HPC wheels, but it is generally accepted that 13" wheels are best for handling and it would be a waste to put 16" wheels on a Superlight.

My car is for sale.2002 1.6k-series,non supersport.5-speed,de-dion,cycle wings,5200 miles finished in Mercedes Ocean Blue metallic.Built by myself,not factory,but I am a formula 1 engineer with 18 years experience of building race cars so I wouldn't have any reservations there.

Might be looking to sell my Titanium Silver Bealieu No31 1.6 vx. 9,500miles 2002 car. FCCSH. Black Pack, quick release MOMO, carbon front arches + rear protectors, full weather gear, cloth seats, harnesses, hand held fire extinquisher, push start button, 13" minilights with new CR500 tyres with spare, clear indicator lenses.Clean Car

£13500 ono

Contact Rob

07789 817392