Click here if you are having website access problems ×

To drive or not to drive....

chrisb

In our case GTD's car is just too uncomfortable for long distances 'cos it's set up for the race track. And although it might be a bit boring taking a trailer at least it's less boring than trying to find a way back from Anglesey to West Sussex if the 7 goes bang! 😬

pants are steering carbon fibre wheels *confused*

Moomin,

I might get them to make revised rear posts (i.e. effectively zero length) so that the rack sits at 45 degrees down the FIA rear posts...

This should help the aerodynamics (or stunning lack thereof) and the ease of loading - and shouldn't take out too much rear visibility.

It'd make getting stuff in and out of the boot v. tricky though...

Keep BC free and open for ALL. Membership No. 43xx

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

If people want to do a comparison, Alex has borrowed Anthony's wheel rack, which fits onto the roll bar and holds the wheels vertically...it's not too bad, apart from the very odd draught that blows in from the back of the car - chilly!

*wink*

Rach

Yep, good, why not ekt. ekt... *thumbup*

I haven't noticed any issues for the driver with mine - although I can see some unusual deformation of the boot cover at speed (so I must be getting a load of lift as well as drag... if I could just attach a couple of small jet-engines to the frame, I could cancel out the weight, drag and lift and.......)

Keep BC free and open for ALL. Membership No. 43xx

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Being sensible may be boring, but atleast if anything happened to myself or Martin we would be able to get home, instead of being stranded a long way from home

Viv

it is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Edited by - miss mav on 7 Apr 2004 18:44:31