Click here if you are having website access problems ×

To drive or not to drive....

chrisb

The number of bits I take is directly proportional to how the 7 gets there.

Toothbrush, crash hat = Drive 7

Change of clothing, toolkit, extra wheels, marqee, BBQ, Kitchen Sink = Tow 7

It would appear, I am now going on my own, so there is always the passenger footwell for bits ond bobs....

*biggrin*

It *is* quite tall - but not much above the 'conventional' creations that stack the wheels side-by-side.

Tilting back is an option (would make it a bit easier to load and unload), but would swap CofG for rear weight bias...

It probably looks so tall due to being an aeroscreen baby - two wheels stacked like that will be lower (in my case) than a vertical wheel - so I don't think it is too OTT.

I was originally going to mount the wheels on the FIA rear diagonals, but I *do* want to see behind me...

Keep BC free and open for ALL. Membership No. 43xx

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Edited by - Myles on 6 Apr 2004 14:31:36

Can't wait to see it there!

We are trailering - see Mrs GTD's earlier comments re the desireability of seats, heaters and roofs - not to mention the sheer size of the baseball bat is that she'll use on me if I try to get her into the 7 for the trip!

😬

G 4 Geoff

Leather Good - Carbon Fibre Bad *wink*

Guinness colour scheme here

Edited by - GTD on 6 Apr 2004 15:31:32

91 flippin' MPH *eek*

I picked up the second pair of wheels from their base in Cheltenham and pretty much pottered back home (bit of a scare just outside Ford (where the Glos crowd meet) - top of a long, tight, windy (that's 'wine-dee *wink*) hill - all that rear weight bias caused a moment of epic understeer towards a steep drop into a field... *eek*)

Anyway, having decided that caution really is needed, I threw it to the wind (that's 'win-d' - you know, the bully-boy air stuff *wink*) on the final stretch of bypass close to home (no scameras, nothing to worry about).

I could only achieve about 91mph top-whack! And when I took my foot off the accelerator, the car dramatically (for a 7) pitched forward as that great windbreak did its stuff...

The fuel bills are going to be a tad higher then, I guess ☹️

Keep BC free and open for ALL. Membership No. 43xx

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

We have seen MANY cars driven to a track day and then no longer able to be driven at the end of the track day.Leaving the drivers and/or passengers stranded. We have lent our trailer to a few people who this has happened to and they sheepishly appreciate why we often trailer to track days.

So there, Nerr neee nerrrr neeee neeerrrrrrrrrr neeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr *tongue*

Viv

it is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Miss Mav's right. If we'd driven the car to Mallory Park, after Geoff had his 'off', we wouldn't have been able to get home ☹️

It also means GTD can take extra wheels, toolkits, folding chairs, fridge etc, which do help make bleak track days / races more bearable. *wink*

pants are steering carbon fibre wheels *confused*

edited 'cos I'm a numpty who can't spell bleak *eek*

Edited by - Mrs GTD on 7 Apr 2004 08:07:35