Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Twin Cam or Xflow Engine

Nic M

Yeah I would love it Dave but I think the bank manager he say non!

I bought an Alfa Romeo Guilia GT Veloce a few weeks back as a winter project. Love the car but now I am regretting it a bit.

PS So my car isn't the oldest cronk in the club then?

1400 sovs? Jeez, didn't know TCs fetched that much sight unseen. Then again I imagine rebuild is 4 figures and that one does have the carbs etc.

NicM - regretting buying an old Alfa? That's what old alfas are for! My great Alfa ownership experiment ended on the hard shoulder of the A1 somewhere between Durham and Scotch Corner. Given that this was the 4th breakdown in 15 months/15-20k and £1500 I threw in the towel. The list went suspension collapse (Xmas), recovered; gear selector (fixed myself but I needed the breakdown truck to lift the car up enough); fuel pipe (while my Dad had borrowed it, limped to garage) and finally catastrophic engine failure. Bloody useless. Cost an arm and a leg to insure as well. But I still have wet dreams over that flat 4 engine flat out and approaching the limiter.

Not really regretting buying the Alfa as you say fab engine, great handling and looks to die for but it would pay for most of a tidy engine.

I guess it may have to wait in the garage until winter 2005 still usable as a run about luckily.