Geek

Indicating left - front and rear left indicators flash, wing mounted

indicator does not

Indicating right - front and rear right indicators flash, wing mounted

indicator does not

Hazards turned on - nothing flashes

I did wonder if bashing the left front wing on the garage wall would have

affected things, though I don't see how that would have affected the *right*

wing indicator and stopped it working...

Anybody got any obvious ideas 🤔

Addendum - after fiddling with the hazard switch the front/rear indicators are now 'hazarding' correctly.

That just leaves the issue with both wing repeaters not working at all - don't know if it's now a simpler problem or not *biggrin*

Chris - it's a 98, 1.6K - much modified enginewise but I haven't touched the electrics

Rob

This is a little strange as the repeaters are just wired in parallel with the front lights. First check both bulbs are OK. Maybe the knock on the wall jarred the connection. It is a bit weird.

If the bulbs are OK, check the integrity of the wire from each repeater to the main indicator at the front. check if you are getting 12v at the repeater wire with the bulb removed. Check the repeater earths too.

Chris

2003 1.8K SV 140hp see it here

Chris, thanks for the pointers. *thumbup*

Are you saying that the left wing repeater is in the same circuit as the left indicator, and the right repeater the right indicator and there is no connection between left and right?

If so then it is strange that they are both off - though of course it is always possible that one side had blown and I didn't notice until the other side went as well...

I'll get the multimeter out and see if anything is arriving at one side or t'other.

I'm fairly positive that the left wing issue was an earthing problem, at the point where the wire from the repeater connects to the wing upright. Cleaning up of the area now gives good voltage at the bulb connectors (the wing is off being repaired so I'll have to wait to see how right I am *biggrin*)

The right wing repeater refuses to undo, but I'm guessing when I manage it (even if I have to replace the d*mn thing if I damage it while getting it loose) it'll be a blown bulb or a similar earth problem.