Click here if you are having website access problems ×

London area to Anglesey

Steve-B

if you're coming from around Londonium and interested in convoy style twisty route up, please say so.

i am...

i suggest meeting up at J10 services of M40, or Beaconsfield Junction (A355) at 0930 Thursday AM

discuss *wink* 😬

Steve B

Big Black Beast^3 SV VHPD

USA 2005: How the West Was Driven

Sadly I've got to be at school on Thursday morning too, but GTD and I will be leaving Brighton around mid-day, and will be travelling using a variety of motorways, including the M40 if you want to meet up somewhere.

However, I should point out that we will be travelling in our 1.9TDi Audi A4 estate, towing a Brian James Minno trailer, with 619 GTD on it, so won't be in the least bit offended if you don't feel you'll be able to keep up, and would therefore prefer to travel separately 😬 😳 😬

pants are steering carbon fibre wheels *confused*

Alan L will be in his tintop towing his sturdy beast so we'll only have him with us for a while.

perhaps its better to set off from same location at noon 🤔

Steve B

Noonish is more along the lines I was thinking. Means I would not get up too early to load the trailer.

However you do not need me to accompany you. Steve you can always give me anything you want me to take in advance.

Alan and his Yellow and Green BDR.

neil,

looking at the proposed route you emailed me, the route to the left of Snowdon is a waste of time and very straight. you want to go RIGHT before Snowdon.

there's so few routes through there, finding a route without BiB is the challenge. but it seems by and far a decent route. we would want to go up to your start from the M42/M5 to shrewsbury.

discuss 😬

Steve B

steve,

Which road do you mean to 'the right of snowdon' being a good one to take? The a5 or A4086 over the pass of LLanberis?

Was it the A4085 strech that runs pass the south side of snowdon that is straight and boring? I'm open to all discussions.

If we can decide on a route before I leave home I can print off maps with route marked, and download to my ipaq (if I get a new one 'cos the old one is bust..) so we have some on-board nav for the way up. I've heard the sheep up there are pretty frisky if you stray off the straight and narrow!! *tongue* *tongue*

Can't wait! less than a week to go...

neil, i'll look on the map in the AM if i remember -- everytime Mrs B and i go up the road from Snowdon to Caernofon, we always mean to go the route and forget to that i'm suggesting *wink*

Steve B