Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Heavy Plant

db

Spent about 2 mins today out on a blat in helpless stiches of laughter at the "Heavy Plant Crossing, 200m" in the woods just outside Cookham.

It might have been the expectation of a tree (Ent?) mid-road, but to be honest I think I was just recovering from having made "good progress" down some of the straight wooded sections of the roads there. Wow-eee.

My ... Preciousss!

You found some nice blatting roads around Cookham Dean there db? And didn't get drizzled on, I hope?

There are some nice routes around these parts. One of my favourites is White Waltham, south to just before Binfield, northwest to Ruscombe and back east to White Waltham. Nice mixture of twists and straights, and it's short enough that you can justify a second lap... Wheee 😬 😬

Ngg! I want my car back... now *mad*

😳 nothing...

They are a great set of roads there. I have been usually further up onto the Chilterns (Watlington, Christmas Common, Bledlow).

The ones round Cookham and Bourne End seem a lot straighter and faster, and a good deal more picturesque (7 on bridge at Marlow was a nice touch). There was however, a lot more traffic, and considerably more dangerous driving - I had trouble keeping up with a Golf that really had little regard for what might have been round the next corner.

Plus there was a heavy plant crossing sign. Which was funny.

Would love a blat round there one day!

My ... Preciousss!