Click here if you are having website access problems ×

2004 Zetec 7

Rob Knox

2004 Caterham 7 1.8 zetec imperial blue by T.S.K only 3 miles from build

De-Dion,cycle wings no spare wheel carrier from factory.

leather"S" type seats

15"prisoner wheels

F.I.A rollbar,heated screen

caterham harnesses

momo steering wheel

quick rack

6 months tax best offers space needed

can e-mail picture if interested ..

caterham post build check.

Q plate. 01227-791902

r knox

Edited by - knocker on 1 Apr 2004 22:21:48

Edited by - knocker on 9 May 2004 11:08:39

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I think the difference is compared to newer factory built K series classic wrt price, is that one knows exactly the history and provenence of all the components and the build quality .

I agree that while there are some really nice Q cars out there ,but there are also many dogs as well .

Also the resale on a Q plate will never be as good ,and one cant put a private plate on a Q car.

At the end of the day ,the right price is whatever someone will pay and how badly they want it .

For 13K one can buy a lot of car with all the toys and more bhp ,if somewhat older -depends what you are looking for .

Seems like a fair price to me, doesent say what spec the engine is, ie carbs or injection , type of sump (raceline/dunnell/other), these could have a bearing on price.

I'd rather have a zetec engine than a K series.

I have a 2.0 litre Zetec, injected, with 200bhp (on an M plate) and, whilst the K-series cars are undoubtedly great tools, when the engine needs attention they are expensive. The Zetec on the otherhand is more robust, if a bit heavier. Nothing would persuade me to have K engined car now that I have driven a good Zetec (no offence intended to those of you with K engined cars - just my opinion).

Given the age of your car, the fact it's not injected (yet 😬) and that it is on a Q-plate, I reckon you're about right at £13,000. Possibly a little closer to £12,000 might help but that's academic.

You could talk to Peter McEwan at Raceline in Normandy, Nr Guildford. He might have someone who would be interested. Tel: 01483 811978.

'Have you any idea what it's like to have the wind rushing through your hair!' (Quote:Capt Flashheart)