Click here if you are having website access problems ×

I failed the noise test at Castle Combe...

Billy Whizz

Hi Piers,

I think we met at about 6am once day last year in the centre of Bath, buying the latest Harry Potter! I've now moved to Dubai (with 7) so not much chance of a repeat meeting.

Anyhow, suffered the same fate as you at Castle Combe some time ago and invested in a new silencer from Powerspeed. Excellent service, good quality, well priced, re-packable stainless steel box. Also solved the noise problem completely reducing from 105dB to a rather discreet 97dB.

Cheers,

Mike (Griff)

• Support Team

Raceco seem pretty popular and their sliencer looks great in titanium - they do a very large silencer for noisy crossflows. See here. Other option is Techcraft which can be got from James Whiting.

Yellow SL *cool* #32

Lots of people seem to be happy with the Powerspeed exhaust despite the fact it seems to rattle loudly as standard *confused*

Raceco are very high quality silencers that will quiten you down nicely but this quality will cost you a bit more. As a bonus the Raceco ones are siginificantly lighter and better made.

Hi Griff, it was me outside waterstones in Bath last year. If I remember rightly you mentioned you had some seats that you might sell - are they still in the UK, and still for sale?

Piers

Old very noisy BRG 1760 x flow, cycle wings and minilites

I have a Techcraft on my x-flow. Supplied by the 7 Workshop. The measured noise is reduced dramtically, but it is still noisy. Must be a trick of the type of noise. The Techcraft looks the mutts nuts!

Before I had the Techcraft, I managed to get on to Castle Combe @ 100Db. That was with a rear exit exhaust, that was really loud! 😬 With the Techcraft freshly packed I can even get on Goodwood...

Skip.

West Hants Luddite

See CSKIP here

Edited by - cskip on 1 Apr 2004 22:09:52