Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Sprinting for NTL

Mark Durrant

I have set myself a challenge of improving on by best competitive time at each event that I entered last year. To make it more interesting where I beat the time I will donate £10 to NTL, so I could be donating as much as £60.

Anyone else care to take up the challenge *thumbup*

Mark D

Su77on Se7ens *cool*

Making plans for the 2004 Sprint Season

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well as my only other timed competitive lap of curbough was last years wet May I managed to beat my time by nearly 14s *eek*

actually I was more than happy to get 63.09 with every lap getting quicker, unfortunatelty that is only good enough for 7th place these days ☹️

rob *smile*

• 1 month later...

Well things are looking up, the cars handling is sorted, Muppet stayed at home and I was 3.5secs quicker than last year *thumbup*. So thats another £20 for NTL as I also won class 2 *smile*. Now all I need to do is clean the underwear as I was too close to the edge for comfort and thought I was going off at least twice on my fastest run[80]

How did you get on Rob 🤔

Mark D

Su77on Se7ens *cool*

unfortunatelt (for NTL) I got my fastest ever time at MIRA yesterday 54.05, beating my top 12 run off time of 54.14 2 years back (which wasmy first ever sprint *eek*)

so I ahve managed 0.09 improvement in 2 years 😳

rob *smile*

• 2 months later...

After a reasonable second run of 65.3 secs NTL are due another £10 following a 0.5 sec improvement over last year. I managed a 64.89 sec run on Saturday at the Marshalls sprint but could not repeat this yesterday. So just Aintree to come *thumbup*

How did you get on Rob 🤔

Mark D

Su77on Se7ens *cool*

I didn't compete last august so ☹️

but if we take the may time of 63.09 I was slightly slower doing a 63.19, so 10 quid to NTL, I managed a 62.48 in practice on sunday but couldn't repeat that in the timed run

so that is 20 quid for NTl I think as my last event is wiscombe and we didn't go there last year...

rob *smile*