Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Green with envy

simonbell

Yesterday afternnon a few of us were talking about cars.....as you do.

We got to discussing what we would buy today......after some thought I went for a Nissan 350Z

I think they are great but buying a new se7en leaves no spare cash to buy one.

I was quite happy with this as they aren`t cheap, there is a long wait for one, and there aren`t that many about so the chances of me ever geting a decent one second hand are slim.

So I arrive home last night and get talking to my neighbour who is in his late sixties and he tells me he is changing his car. Now he has had some serious machniery in his past, high spec Manta 200, Toyota Supra`s etc etc. Lately he has had a run of top of the range Toyota celicas......and he drives them hard too *thumbup* Followed me back over the twisties one night when I was in the Volvo and he was ceratinly no slouch.

Anyway I asked what he was getting and he tells me a 350Z.......this is not good.

From now on I am going to get up every morning and have to look at this car sitting in the neighbours drive ☹️

Anyway at least there should be a well looked after second hand one up for grabs in about two years time *thumbup* 😬

New duratec powered build underway *New website soon*

I`ve seen the future.....and it`s powered by duratec

You`re absolutely right Hoopy.....or at least you will be when it arrives.......

Actually there is a good possibility they will both arrive about the same time *smile*

Having seem my driving I don`t think he will be too keen to lend me his car for the weekend *eek*

New duratec powered build underway *New website soon*

I`ve seen the future.....and it`s powered by duratec

• 11 months later...

Said neighbour has actually allowed me to drive his 350Z.....wonderful car........I can`t wait to take him for a run in the duratec Caterham though 😬 😬 😬.........I suppose I should let him drive it too *eek*

He`s also thinking of changing it............to another one *confused*

I was hoping he would hold onto it until the value dropped a bit *wink*

Simon Bell - Caterham 7 Duratec R

I`ve seen the future.....and it`s powered by duratec Check out the website here