Click here if you are having website access problems ×

More MOT Questions

Ferrino

It's my first MOT with the Seven next week and was wondering about a couple of things:

1) How many rear-view mirrors do I need? I just run with a mirror in the centre and an offside wing mirror - do I need 2 wing mirrors to pass?

2) I interchange between Brooklands aeroscreens and full windscreen. Would I reduce chances of a 'petty' failure by leaving Brooklands on? Or do washers/wipers have to be tested if they are fitted?

3) Car has no dedicated reverse light that I am aware of - just the 2 clusters and a fog light. Is this an issue? I'm wondering if anything on the clusters acts as a reverse light, but I've never seen my car reverse!

Cheers *confused*

• Support Team

1) Only 2 rear view mirrors required. IIRC the drivers side is the required one and then one other of centre and passenger side.

2) Washers/wipers not required if no windscreen. If you leave windscreen on then they will check function of washer and wipers and also the condition of the wiper blades - no other checks so not difficult to pass - just make sure you have filled the washer bottle!

3) Not sure about this one but if it isn't there then it can't be tested - if you passed SVA then it should be OK

Yellow SL *cool* #32

If you leave windscreen on then they will check function of washer and wipers and also the condition of the wiper blade

They've never checked this on any of my MOTs (seven or other car). Perhaps I've just been lucky.

One car - 1400 Supersport with 6 gears and clamshell wings. *smile*

• Support Team

When my seven was MOT'd in January they checked the washers and the condition of the wiper blades although I don't remember them checking the function of the wipers. I guess you've just been lucky. See here.

Yellow SL *cool* #32

Edited by - Shaun_E on 30 Mar 2004 13:40:53