Click here if you are having website access problems ×

tunnel coverings?

Nic Day

On my 1996 zetec the tunnel is covered with a black carpet type material.

Not my taste really but it does the job. Anyway I was thinking about re covering it with a suede type material, a bit like you see on WRC cars dash boards? do you know what I mean or am I talking rubbish?!!!

Anyone know where I can get some?

Or

What other suggestions to cover the tunnel and behind the seats?

Cheers

Nic

Winner of the Largest pair in a non SV 7 (Rumble 2003)

Edited by - nic day on 30 Mar 2004 12:44:03

Richard, thanks for the invite

And I am in Beds so not to far. In my work I am out on the road quite a bit talking to clients about there conference needs so could pop in a see some samples.

I just fancy something a little different and as the carpet is looking very old, it is a good time to change.

I think flocking is basically the same priciple that lasrer printers use - charge up one surface which then attracts the flocking.

I guess this service is available commercially, but never seen an advert...

Guy

See some pictures of the build here. Collected on March 1st!

Flocking is available from www.flocking.co.uk I had all my interior ali panels done by them other than tunnel top and rear bulk head. Wasnt that expensive either IIRC. Another source is www.nfauto.co.uk/nfa_services.htm who say they can do it in situ.

Cheers

Jim

The pictures dont show much really but let me have your email address and I'll send you one.

Effect is "action man hair". I went for it as it is exceedingly light, does not hold water and reduces panel vibration. Only downside is that it doesnt like abrasion and definately not brake fluid.

My tunnel top is bare ali but will probably get it anodised one day.

Cheers

Jim

Edited by - phoenix on 30 Mar 2004 15:24:35

Nic,

As Jim says his interior doesn't like abrasion, i'd have thought any suede type material might look god when done but suffer from hard use. These type of finishes are generally used in areas which don't get the excessive wear.

Parky

thanks for the advice.

Any suggestions then for what to cover the tunnel and behind the seats with. The car is yellow with a black pack and soon to have one of richard in frances C/F areoscreens to match the C/F cycle wings.

So it is only for the look, not worried about weight saving etc. Also not to worried about hard wearing as my suede covered mono stearing wheel looks warn.

Jim my email is nic@oulook.co.uk

Cheers

Nic

Winner of the Largest pair in a non SV 7 (Rumble 2003)

Richard,

Yep I would be interested in some Carbon for the tunnel. Just need your areoscreen first!!!! Then when you have developed the tunnel cover can I have first test please!!!!!

Let me know when you get some designs together.

Cheers

Nic

PS cannot wait to hear as soon as the aeroscreens are ready, I am desperate to take the windscreen off and my wife wants to send you some money as it is for my birthday!!!!

Tunnel top we are doing is for the earlier models with the curved top and narrower chassis. Available in several parts making first ones next week. So earlier de dion is ok Think up to 1996.

Don't worry Nic, Aeroscreen is now in production. I tested the latest design last weekend 😬 Know it is working as I did not get hit by a single fly *wink* but my tall FIA bar at the top certainly did 😬 😬 😬 😬

Richard in France

Flying fast in my very bright yellow 226bhp Duratec 7, with internal kevlar/carbon panels and pushrod suspension 😬 😬 😬.for pictures of 7 and carbon