Click here if you are having website access problems ×

boat race

I think some of the problem is the the racing line is a curve, so if you're drifting wide into the other crew you have to turn tighter than the line to move away again. Seems that the umpire though cam were on the line and that oxford were running into them...

You're right actually - i think it was bow, I was too busy jumpimg about the room *smile* Then my dad rang so I missed all the post race replays etc.

HOOPY R706KGU Hoopylight R

Post race interview was best. Oxford cox showing complete lack of tact and diplomacy. "I'll take my hat off to the Cambridge crew, even though it sticks in my throat"

Oh dear. Poor chap. Wonder where he wears his hat. Seems that he was all upset that he was using rudder but still got warned. The umpire simply stated that he needed to move the boat, not just "use the rudder". Pretty straight forward I thought.

Still nice to know that the Dark Blues are still better at some things. Like being closer to Wales, or something.

db

My ... Preciousss!

Oxford Brookes wouldn't have made THAT mistake

having a son at OB, i thinks it PANTS that OB keeps beating Oxford, and 'hold down OB' from representing Oxford... *mad*

Oxford's cox needs an implant or humble pie... 🙆🏻

A boat takes a fairly long time to respond to the rudder - just pulling on the rope a bit does nothing for a good few seconds. And yes db, the umpire doesn't care what he's doing as long as the boat isn't where it should be. But he's from the wrong university so of course he's a bit simple.... *wink*

Right team won. Made up for Saturday. Justice was done and we proved that our bunch of American postgrad meatheads are better than their bunch of American postgrad meatheads.

The rules should be amended so that they state that Cambridge are allowed to do anything to win. Firearms and pyrotechnics included.

We'll have less of that French language stuff, thank you Hoopy. Deutschland Uber Alles, then.

In the words of the baddie in "George of the Jungle": "The best man won - or, at least, the man who brought a team of German mercenaries won". 😬

You'll be telling me that my Striker can be called a lotus seven next![/quote[

Better than that - its a SEVEN. None of that poxy fall to pieces lotus in it 😬

BB Senior Open Elite 2- 99-2000.

oooh Never did enough racing at non cam race to get that many points, won lots of cam pots though and got a few points on proper races *smile*

Will have to get points at my new club in Newcastle. I expect they'll welcome a pointless person like me *smile*

If you want to win points train like hell through winter (as much as poss at square blades) on a windy bit of water and the summer regatta season down south feels like a mill pond and you are flying!

Stourport and Bewdley were always happy hunting grounds (fond memories fo Lee and Aurial Kensington), but Peterborough was always my favorite, all the Southern boys lining up for a whupping!

To be fair though, we were crap against the real rowers, like Molesey and the Tradesmen, they were just in another league entirely. Lovley to watch, embarrasing to race

Bowside Badger Bill ☹️ *eek* 😬

The 5k peterborough one 🤔 That was nasty - we only had 1k of clear river to train in ☹️

St Neots and Bedford were good for prizes though *smile*

The severn was where I first rowed (only a bit at school) at Shrewsbury *smile*

Windy 🤔 I think we can do that oop north. I don't fancy square blades much, but I've done enough of it and we got pretty good *smile* Favorite trick was seeing how high you could rate square blades and feet out 😬