Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Stack Dash

Davey Bee

Please can anyone give me 5 good reasons why I should fit a Stack dash (apart from the fact that it looks good)

TRY 5S

Buzzin' Bee It's never too late for a happy childhood *cool* *cool* *cool*

You don't stop playing because you get old

You get old because you stop playing

You can set up more readings with less dash clutter.

You can set up warnings for all sorts of parameters making engine monitoring easier (better info just before it goes pop).

You get a laptimer built into it.

You get tell tales built into it.

The speedo can be made more accurate.

And did I say that it looks good?

1: Its lighter than dials

2: It gives a warning if you exceed a limit, i.e. low oil pressure

3: You can tell fairly accurately what oil pressure you are doing while cornering

4: You can switch between kph and mph

5: it's all in front of you, not somewhere out of your vision

6: calibrating for change in wheel size is dead simple for speedo

7: Lap timer

8: it looks good

9: your friends will be jealous

10: you are empowered to answer inane questions on blatchat about stack systems 😬

Duratec Se7en, built in Dubai, pics here! *cool* Keep it sunny side up and out of the kitty litter.

It will give you endless hours of fun changing the dash and revising the wiring ! In practice a weekend should see new dash in and you all cabled up. I bonded my dash in with the adhesive for the front wings.

It is also worth investing in a demel to help make it all fit (ie dash)

The quality of the loom and instructions is in my view first class. Take some time though to read the instructions before you empty the box out.

There are lots of different systems available and important to get your loom spec right. I ordered the one which measures fuel pressure as well, again because I am paranoid about monitoring status

The stack element works for me in terms of the warning levels which helps me as I am paranoid !

Having said that there are SPA type gauges that are programmable and a heck of a lot cheaper than 8-900 GBP.

They are expensive

They look nice

They give you more information to worry about

They will tell you your exact speed and revs when you crash

She will hate you for buying more expensive items in the name of "improved reliability and safety "

😬 😬 😬 *thumbup* 😬

Davey

5 Reasons

1. It's a new shiny gadet

2. It's harder to see at a glance how fast you're going (sorry officer)

3. It'll make you're car that bit lighter (weight saving equal to losing one finger)

4. I'd like your extg dash & dials for free

5. If you don't spend the money your missus will and it won't be on stack dash

😬

Have a chat with Stack about the options, mine was a 8130 with fuel pressure option, you can also do external temp, lap timing etc etc. The kit comes with ALL sensors to match the application.

As an option on part of the functions ie shift lights and rev counter, Stack to an excellent guage to go in the std appeture with shift lights etc etc

Stack do not offer a discount over DT etc etc. From recollection mine cost about 1000 all in, but memory is hazzy and reciepts are not held to avoid any evidence.

I have to have something to worry about so a Stack keeps me worrying ! Incidentally to shift the display the switches will typically be under the tonneau, but easy to touch. Much better than not having a clue how much fuel you have without removing tonneau.

Early 2000 an 8130 with fuel pressure and external shift light was 1037GBP including VAT (my price before was less the VAT and the shift light). I don't think prices have movced much, if at all.

The external shift light is a good idea as the built in one isn't that bright.

Not that I have a sad (and frankly scary when I look back) propensity for keeping my 7 receipts!

One more advantage - you can set the fuel warning light to come on when you like. So whilst the gauge still isn't the most accurate in the world (the senders aren't that good on any fuel gauge I've seen!), you can at least set the warning appropriately once you've learnt the hard way :)

• Support Team

You can actually calibrate the fuel level sensor in some detail (i.e. at several set points) so it can be pretty accurate.

The great thing about it for me is the ability to see both oil temperature and pressure easily in line of sight. Also you can set alarms for other settings e.g. water temp, oil temp, low oil pressure, etc. You can move all the switches closer to you so you can reach them with harnesses on.

One downside is if you have leather seats then the top part of the rev counter may be obscured - but you cn just use shift lights instead 😬. Lower seats/tillets would probably be OK.

Shaun

Yellow SL *cool* #32

Sold!! Ordered one this afternoon. If she finds out I would like to think I can pass on the names of all of those that have helped me decide on such usefull and necesary equipment. *thumbup* 😬

TRY 5S

Buzzin' Bee It's never too late for a happy childhood *cool* *cool* *cool*

You don't stop playing because you get old

You get old because you stop playing

I decided I prefer separate dials so I'm in the process of getting a Stack ST500SR for the rev counter (with digital speed read out and shift lights) and then separate SPA gauges for oil temp, oil P, fuel level, fuel P, voltage and water temp.

OK - I've only got the oil P and T gauge so far but I'm TRYING to save up *wink*

HOOPY R706KGU Hoopylight R

If you're concerned about the top part of the dial being obscured, you can order an upside dial face which may help.

You can also order white faces now I believe.

If anyone wants a picture of a dash installed, mail me and I can drop a low res version to you (or if enough people want a look I'll throw it up on the web.

Shaun - it's a good job I'm not chaperoning the car right now or I'd come down to your place to get my gauge accurate *smile* I know you can do it with plenty of datums, but mine still seems to misread.