Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Big Red Starter Buttons

YellowSeven

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jerry,

Mine lasted from 1995 until last summer on a 1.4 SS.

I was suggesting that you may consider making a change if you had the scuttle off or loom out, as I do.

Obviously if it is still in the car and working I too would leave alone *thumbup* *thumbup*

But bear in mind it is a clock ticking and you may find yourself stranded somewhere because you can't mobilise your engine (though as stated before it is easy to overide so it may be worth carrying the necessary leads to effect such an override in the event).

Caterham acknowledged to me that these things had a life....just rather varied in how long it is.

Keep off the straight and narrow *tongue* 😬

Edited by - Nifty on 27 Mar 2004 09:56:30

Mark,

I did mine with the loom out on the living room floor, since my cars in pieces at the moment.

With it laid out like this it is a piece of cake. It is wired into the loom at various places so you trace back to where the loom was originally cut and cut out immobiliser wires and resolder original wires together again...4 wires if I remember correctly.

Not so sure it would be very easy to do with the loom in the car and the scuttle still in place, should be releatively easy with scuttle off.

The actual immobiliser bit is a large, heavy, plastic cylinder about the same size as a can of beer!!

Nifty.

P.S. When I say I did it, Bentley Boy actually gave me a hand but it was only confidence that held me back and having seen him going at it with the wire snippers I'd be more than confident to do it myself now.

Keep off the straight and narrow *tongue* 😬

Gents,

Sorry for the delay in dispatching the items, I've been away & Very, busy ☹️

All the items will be in the post today, so Royal Mail willing, and dependant on what time I get to the post office, you should recieve them tomorrow or Thursday/Friday absolute latest.

Many Thanks

I still have a few available so if anyone else want one drop me a mail. *thumbup*

• 2 weeks later...