Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Lotus 7 Club Session at Donnington National - UPDATE

Jude

Hi Geoff

Thanks for the place. YHM

Well others are coming through OK. I have sent you an alternative e-mail address.

'Can you hear me running' ......... OH YES and its music to my ears 😬 😬 😬

1988 200 bhp, 146 ft lbs, 1700cc Cosworth BD? engineered by Roger King, on Weber's with Brooklands and Clamshell wings, Freestyle Motorsport suspension.

Hi Geoff

Thanks for the e-mail

1988 200 bhp, 146 ft lbs, 1700cc Cosworth BD? engineered by Roger King, on Weber's with Brooklands and Clamshell wings, Freestyle Motorsport suspension.

Hi Geoff,

If you have any places left I am considering having a go. I have been round Donnington before but not in my Caterham.

My main concern is noise regs. Is there anyway I can check this prior to commiting? I have only had my seven for a month and have yet to go on a track day.

The last thing I would want is to be black flagged. I am running a 2l Zetec with 4-1 Whiting branch pipes into a standard caterham silencer. Can anyone offer an opinion or advice?

2L Zetec Classic green with yellow nose band

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have today received an email from Steve Burns of TraXperience concerning our exclusive session at Donnington National which I had been organising for the benefit of club members. THIS HAS NOW BEEN RESCHEDULED TO TAKE PLACE ON SUNDAY MAY 23rd 2004.

Apparently during the evening of 22nd May Donington Park the BRSCC are running a modified car event. This event has grown considerably over the last couple of weeks and now requires more time to set up the circuit, which has compromised the running of the trackday.

After discussion with Donington Park a decision has been taken to move the trackday to Sunday 23rd May, which will provide more track time for us. The event will be run in conjunction with Donington Park's own trackday company, Trakzone. They have been able to secure exclusive sessions for the Lotus 7 Club (20 minutes per hour - all day).

Letters explaining the change will be sent today to all participants who have already booked. Obviously if the change of date inconveniences anyone, they will be entitled to a full refund.

As Saturday is also the FA Cup final then it may encourage more people to come. Noise limit is 98db driveby

There are still spaces available at an entry fee of £149.

Contact me for further details.

Geoff

*smile*

admin@lotus7club.co.uk

Sadly me working on the 23rd and can not get out of it............ have fun. ☹️

Great day.... thanks for setting it up. More of the same please!

Comments - Who let the EVOs out in our L7C session?? Mobile roadblocks!!

BTW - whoever it was I talked to with the DVA K-series, reg plate *XTR, that thing was **** quick *thumbup* *thumbup* 😬 Saw you coming most times, sorry if I reacted late on a couple.

Roll on Oulton Park!

Chris

(red Academy car)

I'm not sure how we ended up in a mixed session. Traxperience (who had planned the day for Saturday) handed over the list of entrants to Trakzone when the events were merged. I saw the list and it was clearly seperated into 3 groups (one was L7Club with 11 cars on it). What may have happened is that Trakzone misunderstood and assumed the whole list was for the exclusive session, or possibly they decided to balance the numbers a bit because 11 cars isn't really a realistic number *confused* The Traxperience co-ordinator was only there until 8:00 as he had to get to Mallory as he was clerk of the course for an event there yesterday.

In general it didn't bother me, I was happy to be passing the elise/exige/and evos! It was only the RX8 that bothered me with his 'style'. There were some much worse sheds in the other groups - luckily we weren't with them!

Glad you enjoyed it as much as me, I think my new tyres were a great investment, new brake discs might be needed yet - Bart gave them a good workout!

Roadsport build photo's here