Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Autocom

NigP

I NEED ONE! has anyone got any pictures of one that has been hardwired. Any ideas gratefully received. Fitment of this is my next project (once I get my car back that is...)

Also which headsets do people use, looking for something discreet to compliment my Wiley XL1s, that could possibly be secreted under my caterham beanie. Trying to avoid looking like I am wearing a pair of ear muffs if you know what I mean.

Full details here.

www.autocom.co.uk/

But remember the success of the Autocom is in the head set so if you want the quality use their headsets.

You can save money by fitting their helmet kit into a pair of industrial ear defenders

A few of us have done that or are about to so do

have fun.

jj

N.I. L7C AO.For my sins

Membership No.3927.

Se7en Services N.I.

• Area Representative

NigP

I have hard wired my Autocom and fitted it on the bulkhead to the left of the fuse box. I used some self adhesive velcro pads to fix it and took the wires for the headsets (along with several others) along the bulkhead behind the gear lever. From there the headset wires are clipped to the edge of the leather cover on the transmission tunnel and sockets are located just in front of the handbrake.

I have put a fuse in the supply wire and connected it to a spare terminal on the ignition switch which I suspect was probably for the radio in the original application (it comes on on the first turn i.e. before ignition). This facilitates listening to radio etc when stopped.

I can take some pictures if you wish and e-mail to you if you let me have your e-mail address.

Paul Richards

Joint AO - L.A.D.S. (Lancashire and District Sevens)

Growing old is compulsory - Growing up is optional