Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Rads and Hoses 1700ss x/f

John Whyman

1. Is draining the system a matter of just taking off bottom hose and getting feet wet, or is there supposed to be a drain plug somewhere on the rad question.gif Buggered if I can find one.

2. Decided to change hoses as bottom hose has chafed on steering rack. Are they a Caterham unique or can someone suggest an alternative source ??

Thanx. Happy Motoring thumbsup.gifC7 WJW.

To drain the coolant just cut the bottom hose or remove it which ever is easier to do as you are going to replace them if you want silicone hoses try Paul at Hose Direct Ltd Tel 01302 711020 fax 01302 719235 he has a web site listing C*******M’S with different engines and is doing my none standard Westfeild with a Zetec engine in it for sensible money his web site is at www.hosedirectltd.co.uk click on automotive and scroll down to C*****m and click on it further down the page is bends and pipe to make up your own to suit.

Paul

If you want silicone hoses, I fully endorse the approach to Hosedirect, good prices and service, but don't ignore Caterham themselves. They recently had an offer on Samco main hoses(4 pieces) for different engines at a price well below everywhere else. It's worth a telephone call to check.

Andrew

Thanks Andrew, sent them a mail yesterday. They certainly are cheaper for hoses. I don't want silicone, only ordinary rubber main top and bottom, and at

£15.00 a pair +VAT I could not do better. Silicones are about £80 !! cant' justify that personally.

Happy Motoringthumbsup.gif C7 WJW