Click here if you are having website access problems ×

I like BMWs

db

I enjoy flashing M3's to get out of the way, and watching "Tarquin" wonder how that silly little red car is keeping up with his "Ultimate Driving Machine" 😬 *cool* 😬 *cool*

😬You laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same. 😬

Well I DO like my BMW. Big family estate car (540i) that is pretty much as fast in a straight line as my Caterham (weedy 140bhp SV). Obviously no where near as much fun, but shaming Bosxters off the lines is still quite enjoyable.... And LOTS of room for toys in the back.

Boxster S would win... but standards ones are about even.

My Beemer is a manual which helps a bit.... I'm not saying its the fastest thing ever, but considering it is an estate with no flash body kit of bling bling wheels people don't expect it to move the way it can. As they say, talk softly and carry a big engine... 😬

As for the weeing.... reminds me of a mate who poohed himself whilst trying to piss the highest over a fence in Canberra before the Lions vs Brumbies match! 😬 😬

I find M3s get in the way. Even if they get a start I have to short shift by a fair amount to keep out of their boot. The problem is you can't short shift out of 6th....

My dad finds his 5 series (530, old shape) with him driving is quicker than the scooby WRX he sometimes sees on his commute along the twisties to work...

HOOPY R706KGU Hoopylight R

To be honest, any car that's being driven well and considerately is great. Even including BMWs.

And I didn't really believe the old stereotypes about the BMW drivers until I got my 7 and started doing a lot more driving.

But I'm afraid that there are a lot of people out there who do a lot of other things other than driving whilst behind the wheel. And many of them I come across driving BMWs...

These past few weeks, I've seen countless phone calls in the overtaking lane of the M4, a lady doing her lippy and a chap shaving. Yes, really. On the M1 the other week I saw a bloke re-writing a presentation with his 5-series in several lanes.

*eek* *eek*

My ... Preciousss!