Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Golf VR6 for sale

iguana

Late 1996 limited edition Golf 2.8 VR6 Highline 3 door.

All the normal Highline extras- like aircon, heated seats, full leather interior, sunroof etc etc.

Really clean condition with fully stamped VW main dealer service history- with all supporting paperwork. 94,000 miles.

Genuine car not messed about with- only modifications over standard are the OZ alloys- all with good tyres, plus an ECU re-map & Ramair filter from AmD, all set up on the rolling road & now produces a whisker under 200bhp.

Recent new head gasket, engine mount & radiator.

Cat 1 spec Thatcham alarm (Clifford)

12 months MOT as it sailed through today.

A glorious sounding & deceptively rapid VR6 in very good condition

£5500

Some pics here-

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/detail.asp?i=20394&s=176

Knocker you have return e-mail.

I perhaps should have put on my ad that I am in fact planning to go Caterham/or perhaps (whispers this bit) Westie hunting with the cash from this sale, but if you are willing to do a PX on your Caterham with it, well then drop me a line.

Bit difficult to say what Im after really as after driving a few cats I think what would suit me best would be a 1.6KSS with cav tank & 6 speed, but I don't think there is anyway I can afford it, same applys to the 2.0VX I feel. Well what I really want is an SLR but no way can I afford that :(

I've seen higher miles k series within budget, but they do tend to not hang around for very long & same applys to bike engined westies too.

So at the lower end of the market (and pref with de-dion & cycles) is where im really searching I guess.

• 2 weeks later...