Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

A Frame - Everymans Bush - Washers

Tazio

Can someone confirm that Caterham have dispensed with the 1.5mm washers between the A Frame and the everymans bush on the de dion, and are only fitting plastic race washers now. If so, can everyone dispense with them and use the plastic washers? and ares there any benefits to be gained

Many thanks

Alan

Ah, I came across this just two weeks ago and encountered conflicting instructions in the build manual. I assembled it with just the nylons and queried Caterham who confirmed that as the correct way. Don't know enough to comment on your other points though!

BTW, what is an everymans bush? Looks just like the others in the suspension.

• 3 weeks later...

On a live axle, should there be any washers between the Y9 bushes and the bracket on the diff? I ask this because I have always been concerned that when I torque up the holding bolt, the bracket bends. SUrely this will eventually lead to he bracket failing....

Cheers,

Graham

Graham,

My live axle has never had washers between the bushes and bracket having said that I'm not aware of any bending of the bracket when I torque up. I strongly suspect that there are different qualities of bracket in terms of the thickness of metal used and the actual tolerances of bush fittment.